Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything is sold!

Hi guys, this is the first of a few axles I am looking to move. I will give a brief summary here but am willing to expand on the story as needed. A buddy of mine recently totaled his 77 shortbox this fall, within months of completing a frame off restoration. It is a sad story. Out of respect for my buddy I am not going to post pics here but I have lots of the build pics (and aftermath pics too!). I bought the rolling chassis for parts I needed and am looking to move the rest.

First off is this HP front. Ask me about a matching rear 9" with disc brakes! I will post that too when I have pics as per forum rules.

This 4.10 Ratio, 1977 Dana 44 axle was completely gone through in terms of checking factory spec for backlash and new seals. It is pretty stock otherwise. The passenger knuckle is Reid Racing with the high steer arm. The steering itself is heavy duty DOM and heim joint. The tie rod is on top of the knuckle and the drag link goes to the high steer arm for a reduced angle. All the joints, spacers and bolts are included. As you can see this still has chassis paint on everything from the rebuild. If you are thinking of an SAS, this is your axle. I have junkyard radius arms (just need wire wheel and paint) and spring cups I will include with a decent offer.

I am in Flagstaff and realize that means I might need to drive some. If you are interested, PM and let's chat, we can work something out. I am asking $600 OBO for this axle. I know you can pull one from the yard for a lot less but this is bolt in and ready. Painted and with badass steering. Also, Warn lock-outs (standard, not premium). Don't be afraid to make an offer, I'm not one of those guys that get butt hurt if someone wants to exercise their free market rights!

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Matching 9" added. Stock 4.10 axle from the same truck. As with the front, the PO paid a shop to make sure everything was in spec and change seals as needed. This axle also has the Jeff Bronco Graveyard disk brake kit. I am not sure exactly what calipers he chose but the have the parking brake intact and I will include the cables to the joint. I am cleaning them up and the rotors look brand new, remember, he only had the truck on the road for a few months. I would suggest replacing the pads because the passenger side got oily.

Also included are these homemade ladder bars if you want them. They are set up with a shackle at the frame that I attempted to photo. Pretty cool set-up but not for everyone. If you don't want them, I'd be willing to plasma the brackets off before I sell but buyer to do the finish grinding. Brackets included. How about $400 for this complete axle? Make me an offer on both and save!!

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
I'm definitely interested in this, let me look into tax return money and see what I've got to play with over the next week or so (should have my second w2 for 2014 in my mail box today).

I'm just gonna try to figure out a way to get them from AZ to MS.... unless a friend of mine in Peoria is traveling to MS any time soon... we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
WOW....A complete SAS build there.....with rear and matching gears....prolly a good buy....just a bump to get it to the top. I wish I was in a position to buy.....you are close to me......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts