Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know that there are TONS of threads on this, but they all seem to go SAS and believe it or not I like TTB. Anyway I was wondering if the axles of a F250 with the bigger gears and TTB up front would be a direct bolt up to the Bronco. I have a 93' and the rear gears are starting to go so I was looking to a cheap alternative to getting them regeared or re built. The plan is to go up in gearing when I replace them. The junk yard I live by has an F250 with 4.10 gears and TTB so you can see where I'm going with this. All I need to know is if it will work. I don't plan on going SAS so I don't want anyone to tell me to just go SAS. Thanks for any input ahead of time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So from what I got out of some more searching was that I should change the internals of the front 44hd with the D50 of the 250 and the rear axle will be a direct bolt in? If thats wrong please let me know.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The rear axle is not usable. It has a different lug pattern. There may be other issues with it too, like width and driveshaft flanges, but I'm not suree. The different lug pattern is reason enough to avoid it.

For the front axle, you can use the actual differential and bolt it to your stock axle beams. Don't disassemble the gears inside or swap any internals. Just unbolt the whole diff from the F250 and bolt it to your stock axle beam. Use the passenger side stub shaft off the F250 too; it's stronger than your stock one. Everything else stays stock. The axle beams and other front end stuff on the F250 is totally different and is not usable for you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you haven't already, read through this entire thread. Lotsa good info on the D50 ttb/stub shaft swap:

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13107

You could do an 8 lug conversion on the front using chebby stuff, but its a fair amount of work (and money).

Another option would be swapping in a 4.10 geared 9" rear. A bit stronger than the 8.8, you keep the 5 lug bolt pattern, and a lot simpler and cheaper than the 8 lug front swap.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Anyway I was wondering if the axles of a F250 with the bigger gears and TTB up front would be a direct bolt up to the Bronco.
No, the beams are different lengths.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts