Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy im planning on putting on a 9" lift on my bronco and run 40" tires with it. My question is this is still going to be my daily driver. it has a 460 and c6. so my question what are the best axles to run this setup??

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Dynatrac.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What kind of use/abuse will this thing see? Street only? 2wd/4wd? Trails? Rock crawling? Mud? If it's street only or maybe even some mud, then the stock axles may be just fine. Anything else and you will start needing upgrades.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
The stock axles will probubly not hold up. You have sevral choices. The best would be a Dana 60 or like. But there's a lot of problems that go with that swap. A 9" is an eazy swap, but in stock form it's not much better then what you have. I bought a full float kit which makes the axle considerbly stronger (and gets rid of c-clips), But it's not cheap and I had to put a truss and traction bars on also. It has held up now for years.

Edit: sorry, I see you have a 9". I would upgrade it with some better axles.

·
Registered
560 Posts
id do a 1-ton axle swap. find an old f350 and take both the axles out. the front end will be leaf sprung so you will have to fabricate some leaf mounts or some coil buckets and radius arm mounts if you want it to be coil sprung

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright guys thanks ya for the most part it will be street but i wouldnt mind to fling some mud every once in a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts