Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I apologize. I know we all deal with Aholes in traffic and this is nothing special but.....

A preface - Arizona has, by far and above all other states, the worst Fing drivers in the United States and possibly on the earth.

I came as close today to just intentionally just crashing into another car as one could come without actually doing it. I mean, I pulled up and hit the brakes at the very very last second.

The story.... I was on my way to work and was meging from a 2 lane onramp from one major highway to another. I was in the furthest left lane on the onramp which means when I merged, I was in the lane second from the right. These two lanes merge, so I had moved over one more lane to the left and was accelerating when this girl in a Pontiac Sunfire (I think) comes hauling ass down the far right lane/shoulder puts her blinker on and swerves into the lane (far right on the highway new) she is about 2 car lengths ahead of me and one lane to the right and is going much slower than I am. She then hits her blinker (it blinks one time) and swerves her car directly in front of me, which by that time was about a half a car lane. I had to nail the brakes and didnt think I was going to make the slow down in time but I did. I saw it coming before it happend, but the whole event took maybe 2 seconds. I was pissed but hey, its Arizona.

But wait, theres more.

Thats right, not only do you get one stupid dimwit driver, but with this special one time offer, you get a free additional dimwit driver.

So, I calm down, move to the fast lane and proceed on my way to work. Now traffic is moving at 55-60 mph and things are going good. I am behind a Chebby Silverado and we are crusin along with normal busy highway car spacing between us (not much). There is a girl in a Jetta behind me talking on her cell phone. All the sudden, she is beside me, passes me and JAMS her car between me and the silverado, then... yup, hits her brakes. Hard. I kept going and had at that point said F it. Bitch deserves her trunk shoved righ up her ass. So, I let her ride..... I must have been 1 inch away from her trunk and then reason took over and I hit the brakes. Her? Shes just chattin away on her phone.... blah blah blah... "oh my god, Shelly, this Ahole is totally riding my butt" I could hear it now. Fing Biznitch.

So, I changed lanes, got off the freeway and took the side streets the rest of the way to work. Deep breaths... deep breaths.

So, that was it. I made it to work without further incident and am calmed down now. I know, I lost control etc etc but goddamn it this stuff gets old. I gotta move to the country and or stop drinking coffee in the morning.

Rant over. Sorry for wasting the bandwidth but had to "share".

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never driven in Jersey. Boston plenty. Its different on the East. I have a few friends from Jersey and they hate driving out here as much as me.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
jackasses do that out here too.
i always dream of having a disposable pickup truck with the car mashing bumper and just crushing one of those idiots, light the whole mess on fire then making a run for it. :brownbag

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I go through that every day…I just want to push those people off the road. I don't drive really fast, but i Ieep up with the flow (or create the flow:thumbup) but i always seem to get stuck behind the asshat that likes doing 30 in a 45 and just slows everyone up. I just want to give them a little nudge anything wrong with that?

Shane - Boston drivers are just impatient. I was sitting at a red light, it turned green. I was paying attention and saw it turn, because i was first in line. But in the time it took me to lift my foot off the brake and apply it to the gas I was getting honked at....so I just drove slower and gave the guy behind me a big :goodfinge

By far my worst experience of driving over this country was in St. Louis. I was there for a wedding, was merging onto the freeway, and the jack nut behind me in a ricer passes me on the shoulder, cuts me off and slams on the brakes. Then proceeds to block me in every time I went to pass him. I don't know if pissed him off some how, but now that I think back I should have just rammed the piss outta him with my rental.

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but Arizona does not have a monopoly on stupid, discourteous drivers...we got a shitload of 'em here in Florida too. :banghead

Sounds like you need a train horn and a push bumper. :toothless

And let's not forget the Road Rage Tactical Response System

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I have to say that there are many many stupid drivers around, and it doesn't matter what state most of the time BUT! SO far, the only drivers Ive ever had a problem with seems to be drivers from New Jersey....always always cut me off or brake check you when there is absolutly no mfin reason for it!!! Pittsburgh actually isn't that bad, but Ive met a few asshat drivers up here too.........miss the old back roads where if you know the road you could giver hell and pass the guy on a double yellow...not that Ive done that sorta thing :brownbag:toothless

Oh well, guess you can't fix stupid...

KC:beer

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its great here. You can turn on the news at any given time in the morning and see multiple accidents. Seeing 6-8 at one time is not uncommon. People here just randomly crash into each other here. You mix dumb with Ahole (like the ones this morning) and its a disaster waiting to happen....

Thanks though guys. I felt sort of like an ass writing out the fact that I had serious thoughts of crashing into that broad, but now I know I am not the only one :toothless

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
you must have never drivin in nj..morning commutes to nyc are hell, which is why i left at 4am, no traffic on the road
:stupid

Jersey has the worst drivers ever

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but Arizona does not have a monopoly on stupid, discourteous drivers...we got a shitload of 'em here in Florida too. :banghead

Sounds like you need a train horn and a push bumper. :toothless

And let's not forget the Road Rage Tactical Response System

So how bad are the damn snow birds up by you? :banghead

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
Ever hear of this small town called Los Angeles? You really don't want to go thee if this story buggs you.

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
So how bad are the damn snow birds up by you? :banghead
Not too bad...they're mostly just passing through on the way to So. Fla. But when I lived in Hollywood, good lord I despised those f'ing French Canadians. :madder

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Ever hear of this small town called Los Angeles? You really don't want to go thee if this story buggs you.
I used to live in SoCal and ride up there quite often. try LIVING in tourist city AKA LaJolla Beach

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
Not too bad...they're mostly just passing through on the way to So. Fla. But when I lived in Hollywood, good lord I despised those f'ing French Canadians. :madder
Lucky bastard...

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I have to say that there are many many stupid drivers around, and it doesn't matter what state most of the time BUT! SO far, the only drivers Ive ever had a problem with seems to be drivers from New Jersey....always always cut me off or brake check you when there is absolutly no mfin reason for it!!!
You haven't figured it out yet???

It's because you're from PA. :doh0715:

The only reason there's traffic problems in NJ, is because people from PA are here.

Three months out of the year, it's pure hell.

NJ has probably the only highway that you can be doing a solid 80mph with a mass of traffic (50+ cars) and the only reason that it turns into a traffic jam, is because two fuggin' one taggers are side by side doing 40mph in a 65.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel you brother, the freeways down here suck *&$#!!!! The beautiful thing about riding a Bronco is a: Bronco's Kick Hard and b: There is something to be said about a 6000lb. curb weight!! WE WIN UNLESS IT'S A TRAIN OR A 18 WHEELER!!! Be safe out there and try decaf (just kidding)

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
You haven't figured it out yet???

It's because you're from PA. :doh0715:

The only reason there's traffic problems in NJ, is because people from PA are here.

Three months out of the year, it's pure hell.

NJ has probably the only highway that you can be doing a solid 80mph with a mass of traffic (50+ cars) and the only reason that it turns into a traffic jam, is because two fuggin' one taggers are side by side doing 40mph in a 65.
Yeah, OK, blame it on the PA drivers...

All off my family's vehichles have only ever been in 1 accident with another vehichle, all in jersey, all with the jersey driver at fault. that durring the tourist off-season too

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Yeah, OK, blame it on the PA drivers...

All off my family's vehichles have only ever been in 1 accident with another vehichle, all in jersey, all with the jersey driver at fault. that durring the tourist off-season too
Stay in your own state, one tagger! :goodfinge :beer

1 - 20 of 30 Posts