Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

941 - 960 of 3961 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Fellas,

My moms is coming to town and I am going to take her out to the lake (Saguaro) for some light wheelin, bbq and laketime. I am putting the invite out there for those of you who want to join us...

Date: June 25th
Time: Leaving my house (Mesa) around 8 am

This is going to be an all day trip to the lake. Plan is to wheel on out, chill, drink a couple brews, bbq it up and just hang out. If you want to come, and plan to spend the whole day, I would recommend you leave young kids with a sitter (they get bored out there).

I think my buddy is going to be bringing his boat out to.

Should be nice and hot by then...

Any one interested?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yeah only cause Im too lazy to pick it up n throw it away. Its been sitting outside in the open since you last asked me for it so its pretty nasty. If you want it you can come pick it up.
As long as I can build around it I will get it. Where in Mesa are you and when are you free?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #947
Fellas,

My moms is coming to town and I am going to take her out to the lake (Saguaro) for some light wheelin, bbq and laketime. I am putting the invite out there for those of you who want to join us...

Date: June 25th
Time: Leaving my house (Mesa) around 8 am

This is going to be an all day trip to the lake. Plan is to wheel on out, chill, drink a couple brews, bbq it up and just hang out. If you want to come, and plan to spend the whole day, I would recommend you leave young kids with a sitter (they get bored out there).

I think my buddy is going to be bringing his boat out to.

Should be nice and hot by then...

Any one interested?
Ill be there

As long as I can build around it I will get it. Where in Mesa are you and when are you free?
I'm at signal butte and southern. The diff is at my inlaws house, if I pick it up and bring it home and you don't come get it its gonna go in the trash. I won't keep in my garage for more then a day or two. I get home from work at 1pm mon-fri, home on the weekends. Let me know.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Hey guys, looking for a clutch alingnment tool still and a pisting ring compressor for the 460. Let me know if you got it. PM me if you do and give your number and I;ll get ahold of you. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ill be there

I'm at signal butte and southern. The diff is at my inlaws house, if I pick it up and bring it home and you don't come get it its gonna go in the trash. I won't keep in my garage for more then a day or two. I get home from work at 1pm mon-fri, home on the weekends. Let me know.
Cool I work at Boeing and get out at 230 most days. Let me know when you grab it and I will be there within a couple days.

·
Bronco Master
578 Posts
hey guys anyone know where i could get bent or cut beams made at here in the phoenix area thanks:whiteflag
That's probably a better question to ask on race-dezert.com or dezertrangers.com. Most of the better known shops like Fodrill would charge a small fortune. Mine came from Autofab.

·
Registered
251 Posts
thanks for the info, and maybe u can tell me whats better for the weekend wheeler light trails (its my daily driver). bent beams or drop brackets im thinking drop brackets but i think ill be limited on travel what do u guys think. any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
If its your DD and you are only running light trails, spend you money on sliders, tires and a locker (gears to if you can afford it). You wont need extensive travel, a lift or cut and turned beams if you arent running hard trails and even if you do start to run it on some more "difficult" trails, if you are locked, geared and protected with good tires, you will be able to take that truck to places you wouldnt have imagined you could...

·
Registered
251 Posts
If its your DD and you are only running light trails, spend you money on sliders, tires and a locker (gears to if you can afford it). You wont need extensive travel, a lift or cut and turned beams if you arent running hard trails and even if you do start to run it on some more "difficult" trails, if you are locked, geared and protected with good tires, you will be able to take that truck to places you wouldnt have imagined you could...
Ill keep that in mind maybe a good leveling kit or something would work. my stock springs lookin kinda tired to plus the previous owner never replaced the factory shocks no joke its got 120,ooo plus miles. Ive been doing alot of replacing here and there. either she took it to the dealer (doubtfull) or she replaced with factory parts who knows. Thanks shane for the info ill keep thinking about it :beer

·
Registered
1 Posts
New To Broncoville

hey there my new AZ Faction bretheren. Its been an adjustment for me having owned three TJs but unforunately they cant tow very much. Looking to get back into the wheeling i once did. Have a 1995 bronco and hard to say this being a Chevy Man i love this thing. Its got moderate mod to it but def looking forward to SAS or at least a good TTB lift kit(i know oxymoron). Just wanted to Introduce myself and hopefully Ill see some of you out on the trail to get ideas for the rig.

aaron

·
Bronco Master
578 Posts
thanks for the info, and maybe u can tell me whats better for the weekend wheeler light trails (its my daily driver). bent beams or drop brackets im thinking drop brackets but i think ill be limited on travel what do u guys think. any help is appreciated
I had both a 4" bracket lift with and without extended radius arms before doing the current setup. I prefer the cut beams and heimed radius arms, but if cost is a limiting factor the bracket lift does work better than no lift. I will suggest that you spend money for longer radius arms as they make a big difference in the suspension cycling on the TTB, the axles aren't being forced to travel as far forward and backward and there is less binding from the RA bushings. As for travel, a stock TTB travels maybe 8", bracket lift 10-11", bracket lift with extended arms 12-13", my current setup 17" max limited to 15.5"(all measured at the hub).

Shane's comments about lockers, sliders, and tires is also very accurate.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
Hey all just wondering if anyone is looking for a Tan headliner for the shell. If so I have one taking up space in my garage that you can have for the low, low price of driving out to my house and taking it away. It's not brand new, but its better than not having one at all I guess. I bought it and decided I wasnt gonna use it. Let me know here or e-mail me at [email protected]. Also let me know if you want pics. :thumbup

941 - 960 of 3961 Posts