Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 3918 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just a heads up. I know you guys play in this area so double check that any area out East is still open. There is a ZERO tolerance policy being enforced.

Specifically the "cove areas" around Saguaro Lake are off limits as of today, the 17th.

Tonto closures ---> http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2011/jun/16/area-closures-tonto-national-forest-begin-june-17-/?breaking

It sucks but 1 fire there and we'll never be able to wheel there again in our lifetime.
BLM been goin crazy with closures on shooting areas and now this. I need to step up my savings for buyin land. Maybe some day have enough property for these closures to not affect me.

·
umm...idk
359 Posts
hey guys since they have temporarily made it for you can't do any activities dealing with any sort of fires in the tonoto nation forest, anyone know where you can still target shoot. just went up to sycamore creek and they made it for you can't shoot up there, since it is in the TNF

·
Registered
100 Posts
You're going to have a tougher time heading out east or northeast of the valley since the forest boundaries extend just outside of town. Options are pretty abundant in any other direction heading out of the valley. Table Mesa road may a good option depending on where in Scottsdale you're coming from. Just be sure to bring a garbage bag to cleanup your casings and as many others as you can donate time for. Not to metion any targets... Obvious stuff of course. But when you look at the litter out there, it's clear to see that there a lot of people that ignore the obvious thing to do.
I think I responded to your post on your 4x4 not engaging. Did you make any progress on that?

·
umm...idk
359 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about table mesa road would be a good spot, wasn't sure if you were still able to after they shut it down for point of time. Also, i would be cleaning up all my stuff, especially the casings since I know someone that can repack them. As for the 4x4 I just got home and haven't had time to look at the post responses yet, will look here in a sec thank you.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
hey Ed thanks for posting about that light bar picked it up today along with some new 33x12.5x15 wrangler duratracs cant wait to put more new stuff on
Hey no prob man. I wanted that thing bad to go with the new lights I got for the bumper. But my daughters 10th B-Day said other wise. Glad it will get some use.

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
So Shane how long are you guys going to be up at Butcher? I have to work that day but plan to leave around 1 or 2 (since I am getting layed off anyway) I may be able to get up there by 3.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
will do my best to put them through some good use prob going to use the lights it came with if they work wont be wired up for about a month though
Sounds good. Can't wait to see them on. Although if you decide you want to get rid of them let me know. Still wishing I would've grabbed them.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
very much doubt it been looking at the truck wanting a light bar on it then you showed me that i saw one on cl for like $100 but it was w/o lights so your find was much better
Priorites suck sometimes. I also found a set of rims for about the same price. Been looking for a while since only 3 match. The set I found matched the odd ball so I would've had a matching spare too.

·
umm...idk
359 Posts
Hey Shane I'm not going to be able to make it out there, sorry about the last minute notice but I have to redo all the boards on the trailer for the boat before I can make it out anywhere, since I was going to boat most of the time

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry I havent been on in a bit. I have a ton of excuses :goodfinge

Just a heads up. I know you guys play in this area so double check that any area out East is still open. There is a ZERO tolerance policy being enforced.

Specifically the "cove areas" around Saguaro Lake are off limits as of today, the 17th.

Tonto closures ---> http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2011/jun/16/area-closures-tonto-national-forest-begin-june-17-/?breaking

It sucks but 1 fire there and we'll never be able to wheel there again in our lifetime.
Here's a link to a map with the current closures.

Link---> http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5309524.pdf
Thanks for the heads up. I will have to make some calls tomorrow and confirm exactly where and if they are still closed (which I would imagine they are).

So Shane how long are you guys going to be up at Butcher? I have to work that day but plan to leave around 1 or 2 (since I am getting layed off anyway) I may be able to get up there by 3.
IF we go, we will be heading to the lake early and probly leave around 4ish.

The BBQ on the 25th affected by the Tonto closures?
If the area is closed, its off. I will look into it tomorrow and update with what I find out. I have a gas grill I will be using, so there wont be any open fires, but if they have it totally closed, that wont matter.

Hey Shane I'm not going to be able to make it out there, sorry about the last minute notice but I have to redo all the boards on the trailer for the boat before I can make it out anywhere, since I was going to boat most of the time
No prob. Maybe next time...

So, if its on, it sounds like its:

Me
Gauge
AZ Rebel

Anyone I am missing??

1001 - 1020 of 3918 Posts