Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 3918 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
So after about 6 hours 2 pipe wrenches my Vise exploding and making a new tie rod I have steering again. Shane Brian is trying to finish his bumper up although he needs to take that stupid thing wheeling since it is more capable than all our rigs. I think the earlier the better I will be out till it is too hot for me. But I told Scott we will be out there. Should be good times.
:thumbup

Glad you will be able to make it! Tell Brian to get his azz out there. He wont even need a bumper. Its Butcher Jones, not Moab :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
how long you guys planning on wheeling? ill only have my pusher fans in, so cooling will be a slight issue. im also babysitting a friends dogs and their house, as well as watching my dads house while he is outta town so ill probably be up there first thing in the morning and leave mid morning/afternoon assuming nothing breaks lol

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
how long you guys planning on wheeling? ill only have my pusher fans in, so cooling will be a slight issue. im also babysitting a friends dogs and their house, as well as watching my dads house while he is outta town so ill probably be up there first thing in the morning and leave mid morning/afternoon assuming nothing breaks lol
Here is generally how the lake runs work...

Wheel out to the coves. Set up (canopies, chairs, cooler etc). Hang out for the day. Have some lunch. Drink some beers. It takes about 30 minutes to get out to the coves. The wheeling consists of a couple of hill climbs here and there, and thats about it. We can stop along the way and mess around, or we can set up and then go back out and wheel a little if you want. The main thing I am concerned about is getting a decent spot on the lake. After that, its all gravey. BTW, we usually get out there in the morning and stay until late afternoon or even early evening. If you rig gets too hot, we can stop along the way and let her cool down, but if you have heating issues, extra wheelin may not be the best idea with it so hot outside.

For you guys coming out: Bring yourself a cooler with beverages and lunch. I will have my bbq out there, and you guys are welcome to use it. Also bring a chair and if you have it, a canopy. An inner tube or floatie is a good thing to bring as well, along with any other provisions you want (sunscreen, camera etc).

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Hey guys, sucks to see you all are going, I would go if I had money, but if I have money that means the bronco is sold lol. here is my ad on CL if you guys are interested, ill hook a FSB homey up though, that is my CL price so I get what I am really asking.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/2471289899.html

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Hey guys, sucks to see you all are going, I would go if I had money, but if I have money that means the bronco is sold lol. here is my ad on CL if you guys are interested, ill hook a FSB homey up though, that is my CL price so I get what I am really asking.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/2471289899.html
shame to see the truck go hopefully once your all done with school you could get another toy and come back and join us

·
Registered
259 Posts
this still happening? also, you guys gonna run your tops? does body flex affect fitment of them? mine only has three bolts holding it in, and i havent got my hardware kit yet. will taht be alright or hsould i take it off

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
this still happening? also, you guys gonna run your tops? does body flex affect fitment of them? mine only has three bolts holding it in, and i havent got my hardware kit yet. will taht be alright or hsould i take it off
Heck yeah its still happening!!

I am going to leave my house at 8. Should put us at the gate around 8:30ish. You guys that are going can meet me at my house or at the gate. Either way works. If you guys want to meet at my house, shoot a PM and I will send you my address.

You are gonna get some flex here and there, but it shouldnt damage your top with the 3 bolts. I dont have mine on anymore... Its really your call, but you should be fine either way.

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
may just take it off, along with the back seat, i bet the dogs would enjoy that. what part of the valley you in? im coming from 101&tatum
Do you have a carpeted cargo area? If not, get carpet for the back so your dogs dont burn their feet. It gets really hot back there for them without the top in the direct sun.

I am on the 60 and Gilbert. You will go right past my house along the way... Gauge and I usually meet at the QT just off the 202 and University, so thats an option as well.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
shame to see the truck go hopefully once your all done with school you could get another toy and come back and join us
Ya, its a shame, but someone here should pick it up off me so I know it goes to a good home! ;) lol

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Alright fellas... here we go:

Confirmed:

Me
Gauge
AZR
DF
1Clean

Gonna leave my house at 8am and meet up at the QT on ellsworth and university at 8:20ish. Should be to the gate by 9.

Anyone else???

·
Registered
232 Posts
Alright fellas... here we go:

Confirmed:

Me
Gauge
AZR
DF
1Clean

Gonna leave my house at 8am and meet up at the QT on ellsworth and university at 8:20ish. Should be to the gate by 9.

Anyone else???

I will be close... You will probably see my Bronco parked in the lake parking areas with an empty boat trailer hooked up to it..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey all, quick question.

Where do you guys get your alignments done? Any good places and deals and or any places to avoid?

Looking for a shop in the east valley.

Thanks
The guys at Driven recommend using the NAPA Tire Service Center on 35th AVE Thomas. They do A LOT of their custom stuff and are familiar with anything you can throw at them.
My best success has been using shops that have experience (no revelation there) so that they are able to both utilize the computer alignment along with manual measurements. I have had very poor success at any shop that uses only computer alignment and has a guy getting paid $8.50hr to park the truck on rack and push the button. This is usually the same guy that changes the oil... TTB is NOT a problem with someone that knows what the hell they're doing.
My old go to guy and mechanic was top notch but also had/has a top notch problem with meth and and his shop disappeared. :doh0715:

1061 - 1080 of 3918 Posts