Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you care to do some wheeling before it gets too hot, we've got a run planned for May 19/20. It's at the San Francisco River in Clifton. It's a fun little run, we do it every year. The weather should be warm, but not bad down in the river bottom.

The trip itself isn't too hard, you could do it in a stock 4x4, might get some pinstriping and maybe bang up shock mounts and stuff, from the hidden rocks under the water.

Details, along with images from last year can be found here: http://www.wheelingarizona.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7312

Feel free to join us if you want! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Looks like fun. Too bad I have surgery on the 11th on my right hand. That'll make it hard to drive my Bronco which is a standard. Make sure you post pics.

James

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
madein78 said:
im always game to go wheelin' were is that at exactly, im in tucson
The bottom end is in Clifton, and the top end is near the AZ/NM border up hwy 78.

UPDATE: It looks like we're camping at the river just outside of Clifton, and running upstream, ending at Martinez Ranch, which exits out to Hwy 78 near the AZ/NM border. We'll camp outside of Clifton on Friday night and then begin in the morning when everyone is there.[/.

·
Registered
150 Posts
SF river is a blast! Last time out, I was counting how many times the trail crosses the river and lost count at around 27. Nice to have a swimmin hole that runs the whole length of the trail too. I might be down with the run in may, ill have to see. I did this website for my friend using a pic from SF river, I think it came out pretty nice, doesn't look like southern AZ at all:

madein78, I'm in Tucson too, let me know if youre lookin to hit the trails.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
madein78 said:
sounds like fun would be nice to see some water, i might know a few guys who would like this also, what kind of trail rating is it.
3.0 according to Hill.
http://abell.as.arizona.edu/~hill/4x4/sfran01.html

It's really not too hard, you could do it in a stocker. Might have to get yanked off a rock here and there that catches you under water. Biggest thing is to just make sure your rig is in good running condition, because it's a good days ride from Martinez Ranch to Clifton.

QCBronc, glad to hear, can't wait to be out there at the Frisco. Beautiful place.

Pics from last year: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=6820&s=27401#content

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is a couple of weeks out. The plan is to camp on the river just outside of Clifton on Friday, and drive upstream to Martinez Ranch on Saturday. Click the links for more details. :thumbup

There's gonna be a lot of people out there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This run is getting close. All of you that plan on going, post up. Also, give me a time frame for your arrival. The details, along with a list of people going can be found in the original thread, which is here:

http://www.wheelingarizona.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7312

Some of us will be up at the river on Friday morning, and everyone will filter in and hopefully be ready to hit the trail by Saturday morning around 8 AM. Post up if you plan on coming, so we can make sure and wait for you. There is gonna be quite a large group coming along!

:thumbup

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I got a lot of stuff to get done here if Im gunna go. (tallguy: we got father's and sons here the week before, so it would be hard to go camping two weeks in a row, but I will for sure try as hard as I can). Ive got to adjust my carb, put on my tow hooks and adjust my clutch pedal, so Im in for some work this week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.