Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Eric
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Looking for an interior spare tire mount in decent shape. I know I can find them on ebay and such, but I'd rather give my money to a fellow member, first.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
Reactions: silver70

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
588 Posts
Eric,
Did you find one? I have one in the garage somewhere here in Flagstaff. Come get it, and t is yours. Let me know.

·
Eric
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric,
Did you find one? I have one in the garage somewhere here in Flagstaff. Come get it, and t is yours. Let me know.
PM sent. "Conversation" started. A trip up North would do some good. It hit a, toasty, 116* yesterday in the valley.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do you still need this? My truck was a government vehicle so it has a tire mount on the inside and nothing outside. I'm running the protofab rear bumper so my spare is on my bumper.

Located in the Kansas City area.

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
Do you still need this? My truck was a government vehicle so it has a tire mount on the inside and nothing outside. I'm running the protofab rear bumper so my spare is on my bumper.

Yo,
I sent Eric a "conversation" mesmessage save asking him if he still needs it.

Al

·
Eric
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I ended up getting one from @jfourdyce a couple weeks ago. However, I still need the mounting hardware and I kind of have a weird feeling that I might want a spare mount for future purposes. So, simply for the sake of prudent planning, is yours complete and how much would you want for it?

Also, since yours was factory, I have another question: Does this thing have, like, threaded nuts that are spot-welded to the underside of the body where the bolts pass through the floorboards/wheel-well, or, how does this thing mount? I have the little tab that covers the bedside mount, but I don't know how the factory mounted it to the floor. I want to emulate the factory function as much as possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I ended up getting one from @jfourdyce a couple weeks ago. However, I still need the mounting hardware and I kind of have a weird feeling that I might want a spare mount for future purposes. So, simply for the sake of prudent planning, is yours complete and how much would you want for it?

Also, since yours was factory, I have another question: Does this thing have, like, threaded nuts that are spot-welded to the underside of the body where the bolts pass through the floorboards/wheel-well, or, how does this thing mount? I have the little tab that covers the bedside mount, but I don't know how the factory mounted it to the floor. I want to emulate the factory function as much as possible.

Thanks!
I get my truck back today from the body shop finally. When I'm putting the interior back in I'll snap some pics. I want to say there were some nuts on the underside or a lead block similar to the front seats.

My interior trim was cut/notched from the factory. Honestly a sloppy job but I'm not sure if a 3rd party did it or Ford. So I'm not sure exactly what yours will look like since you have an older body style.

·
Eric
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get my truck back today from the body shop finally. When I'm putting the interior back in I'll snap some pics. I want to say there were some nuts on the underside or a lead block similar to the front seats.

My interior trim was cut/notched from the factory. Honestly a sloppy job but I'm not sure if a 3rd party did it or Ford. So I'm not sure exactly what yours will look like since you have an older body style.
Pics would be awesome! Also, is your interior tire carrier complete, with hardware and everything? How much would you want for it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Pics would be awesome! Also, is your interior tire carrier complete, with hardware and everything? How much would you want for it?
There was one on the tire area I didn't take a picture of. But these should help. I don't know if other broncos have these holes. Keep in mine I have a 96 and mine is different than most. I even had factory holes in the passenger floorboard where they had a gun and computer mounted. Filled them with epoxy.

Let me think about how much I want for it. Haven't looked into it honestly. It is complete with factory hardware and the tire hold down.

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
Yo,
Here's a 95 Carrier showing support bolts;

·
Eric
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I will try to source some more hardware for the one I have. I already bought the wing nut (Scott Drake) and retention plate (FoMoCo) from JBG. I'll try LMC for the hardware. Also, I'll await the pricing, when you get a chance @Burntoutaccountant .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts