Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
1. there is limited access...right now I think its 75 to 100 trucks
2. the water is really not to much past the bridge so there is no real mud yet
3. to get in you need to be at the gates about 6:30 am....

I'll pass for now.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I wanna go MUDDIN... i just have to put the new drive shaft and fuel tank on my bronco... if theres not much for mud I dont wanna go just yet either
but thanks for letting me know its open :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I'll be watching too. Sounds like they have decided not to let the water out of Little Rock here, so that sounds like the next best thing. And now I'm back to building sliders for next weeks trip up the Rubicon.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i will be going up there on the 24th of this month early, anyone wants to join that would be great.. i would also consider going earlier too . there are 5 of us as of today !! :thumbup does anyone here like to get there trrrrrruck dirty? we can meet in the staging area or in the mudd pit :whiteflag

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
how long is it usually open till...?
till dusk...
I used to go to a lot of drunken camp-outs there in the late 70's; I haven't been back since the very early 80's. I heard it got very commercial (no more just pulling over the berm into the riverbed). Is there no more overnight camping?

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
I used to go to a lot of drunken camp-outs there in the late 70's; I haven't been back since the very early 80's. I heard it got very commercial (no more just pulling over the berm into the riverbed. Is there no more overnight camping?
those were the days...

No where like what it used to be you gotta pay to get in, no alchol, no fires, gotta be out by dusk, and rangers everywhere.

and still no real mud yet.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
9,036 Posts
I used to go to a lot of drunken camp-outs there in the late 70's; I haven't been back since the very early 80's. I heard it got very commercial (no more just pulling over the berm into the riverbed). Is there no more overnight camping?
those were the days...

No where like what it used to be you gotta pay to get in, no alchol, no fires, gotta be out by dusk, and rangers everywhere.

and still no real mud yet.
I backpacked up bear creek right by there in the late 70s. All night long people would come by & ask "Heeeey, is this where the party is?" Was that you guys? :toothless

·
Cleaning the trails
935 Posts
Oh the good ol days. I have a box of pictures from when it was really the Zoo. There were no boundaries. You could go anywhere you wanted. If you really wnated to drive into the lake you could have, And some did!!! As long as you had a green sticker or license plate, you could go in. No limits as to how many!! Don't remember how many station wagons we sa trying to get in. You could go so far before it got to soft!!!

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
Oh the good ol days. I have a box of pictures from when it was really the Zoo. There were no boundaries. You could go anywhere you wanted. If you really wnated to drive into the lake you could have, And some did!!! As long as you had a green sticker or license plate, you could go in. No limits as to how many!! Don't remember how many station wagons we sa trying to get in. You could go so far before it got to soft!!!
There were no stickers that I knew of back then. I remember one guy that had huge chunks of Styrofoam jammed into his under-carriage - enough to float his mini-truck; he drove right on in.

Station-wagons huh? :brownbag :rofl: I got way up the east fork(?) in an old Rambler Rebel SW several times, with at least two water crossings. That was my first "off-road" vehicle. :thumbup Come to think of it, it was my first vehicle, ever! :toothless

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.