Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm looking at replacing my front bucket seats w/ an aftermarket seat

it doenst really matter the style or fabric

i just wanted somethign that woul adjust and slide foward so that passengers can still get into the back seat

i also wanted something that i could find a matching backseat cover so they would all look the same

sso far mastercraft seats and the onyl ones i have foudn...but they are 600 a seat

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Corbeau Sport seats

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
They recline way back, tilt forward and slide forward. I got them used but I think they retail around $330 a piece and they only weigh 25lbs

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i found those on a website for $350 a piece shipped

i also found this seat

they are $320 a piece shipped and still have all the functions i need

im seriously considereing these if i can find a cover that will match for the rear back seat, although i would like to find tan leather/vinyl/cloth seats

that way all of my interior would match

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i talked to a few people yesterday and heres is what i have found

the best option (becasue there are no matching sea covere for front and back seats of a 96) is to go the the junkyard and find some seats that have good frames

housing is intact and springs and frame are not shot

my dad knows a guy that will GIVE us the leather fabric
and we found a guy who would cover them for cheap

its deffinatly not gonna be over 200 a seat...and that would give me the factory installed look

so i'm gonna go junkyard shopping this week since i'm on spring break

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
What's wrong with your seats?

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the leather is all ripped and torn....
the pads are gone out...
driver frame isnt very good, doesnt slide forward or stay in position
the housing (plastic) is glue on and the glue doesnt stay

thats the onyl thing wrong w/ my bronco when i bought it

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
did you get the cover for the rear seat derrick? I put some almost identical to the ones Todd posted. They are fantastic IMO. Not the cheapest, but I think the quality is pretty close to the price. I am still tossing up between rear seat cover or just getting a guy to replace the material. A guy down the street quoted me 300 to re cover the rear seat to match, idunno though, seems a little high to me.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
rugerp89ipsc said:
did you get the cover for the rear seat derrick? I put some almost identical to the ones Todd posted. They are fantastic IMO. Not the cheapest, but I think the quality is pretty close to the price. I am still tossing up between rear seat cover or just getting a guy to replace the material. A guy down the street quoted me 300 to re cover the rear seat to match, idunno though, seems a little high to me.
I havent touched my rear seat in a while. I snapped off 2 of the bolts when I was removing it, and have yet to get them fully removed. I can be real lazy sometimes. I hope to get it covered b4 May, but no promises.

spaustin889 said:
did the seats just bolt on? (probably not)

what did you have to do to get them to fit?
and do they still slide foward to let ppl into the back?

I had to drill 2 extra holes in the bronco's seat brackets. The 2 rear bolts fit just fine, the 2 front ones, were space a little bit further forward on the mustang seats. It took all of 5 minutes to adapt them to the bronco sliders.

As long as you have the origional sliders, you can mount damn near any bucket seat to them. There is alot of room to work with.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
spaustin889 said:
thanks alot, this is really helping me

im going junkyard shopping for some seats sometime in the next week

You have a ton of options. Look in some ricers if you get the chance. They have some pretty comfortable seats as well. If you dont find the color you like, you can always take the route I did, and cover them with Cover King covers...They're real high quality, and pretty water resistant as well. If you have a checker/schucks/kragen near by, they usually have a display with the different fabrics back at the parts counter.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I bought a pair of seats from PRP Racing, and fabbed some brackets to bolt them to the stock seat frames temporarily. LIke Derrick posted, you can mount most any seat to the factory Bronco frames. Some just need new holes drilled while others may need a simple bracket. The PRP seat were like $300 for both delivered, and they may have matching material for the rear bench. I have pics of the install at SFO. Link in my sig, JSM84

P.S>: Now that my rollcage is built, I have the seats mounted to it instead of the floor. The factory brackets are rather weak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts