Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the electronic control unit that ties in between the harness and the transmission to control the shift firmness. Has anybody ever used it? Just looking for some feedback before getting one.

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
If your talking about the three position switch, firm, firmer, and off.

I got and didn't even notice a difference. So have others from what I have read. You also put it in by tapping into the computer. The box also gets extremely hot.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
It'll melt. Save your money

·
"SMUGGLERS EDITION"
538 Posts
I have one on my Grand AM for Racing and you can fell it. Mine never gets hot. I like it in the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
it will only work if you have at least a 94. it does work in making the transmission shift harder the box does run hot enough to burn your had but i think that's the norm.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
For $40...Will i notice a difference is what i want to know...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats kind of what I want to know. I have a 91 w/351w and E40D sitting on 35's. I dont know what gearing I have, but its soft on the shifts and the tranny shops around here refuse to put a shift kit in. They say that just because the trans works fine now, the wont be responsible if they put it in. So they just avoid it all together. But they will make me a great deal on a rebuild with kit.....$2,200 :shocked so thats why Im looking at these.

·
Registered
519 Posts
for what its worth I've got one on my '95 S10 and I cant tell a bit of differance unless Im in the snow and then it just breaks loose sooner or later depending on which position it sits in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, I do alot of towing with this (well with my 85 i did, but sold it for this 1). Thats what I'm concernd with. I know that slipping at all is bad as it creates alot of heat. I have a trans cooler on it, but looking to do as much as possible to help it out. Dont want to have to rebuild it for something that can be avoided.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Banks Transcommand

·
Registered
741 Posts
Keith_L said:
Banks Transcommand
im with keith I would get the Banks Transcommand get the B&M just for the fact that i have heard that the B&M kills some transmissions.

·
1,407 Posts
Oscar said:
I got one and I tied it in between the harness and the transmission when I had my Bronco on 33in tires I did not feel much difference but on the 44s I feel it and on trails when I use it my transmission runs cooler
Thats exactley where I put mine at :thumbup

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I want to know is will this work on my 91? Or should I pass?

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Keith_L said:
Banks Transcommand

Keith, I went and read some articles about the Banks system. Seems like it may well be worth the money for it. Have you any experience or know of anyone who has used one?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Ive got one from my 1990 F150, called an interceptor, it has dial controls on it, ties between factory harness and the tranny solenoid pack. Works great, Till the truck got wrecked :cry , I paid 118.00 for it, sapposed to be "the best thing going" :thumbup It aint doin me any good since my bronco is an AOD if your interested let me know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts