Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back in the game again put the Grinch to some rest for the winter and working a lot on the 1986 Bronco I got from Colorado springs last winter and allredy put 6 inch lift and got 5.8ho running and runs good but going to do some mods for the motor like cam and timing chain and intake headers and shine it up it will end up on 37 inch tires so gears are here to 4.56:1 and of course the color change from dark blue and silver to light blue and white even got the factory stripes to separate the colors

·
Super Moderator
25,306 Posts
Yo Oscar,
You have Another good looking Bronco!
Here is the Here is the 1986 Bronco ELECTRICAL & VACUUM TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL (partial) by Gary @ 1986 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)
See more info by Gary, such as 1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments @ 1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)
&
1986 Bronco Operating Guide @ picture | SuperMotors.net

1986 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.supermotors.net/registry/2742/73384-2

Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96), same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams

And please Vote for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/499490-full-size-year-2018-vote-here.html

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,219 Posts
Very cool to see you back around @Oscar Since you've already built one of the most enviable FSB's to ever grace the site... I'm looking forward to seeing how you choose to go about it again. Please keep us in the loop on this. I'd personally love to come along for the ride. :thumbup :beer

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool to see you back around @Oscar Since you've already built one of the most enviable FSB's to ever grace the site... I'm looking forward to seeing how you choose to go about it again. Please keep us in the loop on this. I'd personally love to come along for the ride. :thumbup :beer
thanks Mr Biker :)

this is going to be more old school project 9 in lift classic wheels and so on
and here is some inspiring video and high five for Bronco supercelebration and Magic Mike :)

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and some more goodies I got :)

rebuild kit for the 1406 edelbrock its already installed from po

and kick down assy for the C-6

old school running boards I got off e-bay

Classic 3 wheels

new tail lights

new for front fenders also

left overs fom the old 351 from Grinch

my office at home :)

true Bronco fan :histerica

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,219 Posts
The man, the myth, the international Bronco legend... @Oscar

(pssst. you might want to ask @miesk5 or someone else on the staff to move this thread to the "build" section for you bud. ;) )

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The man, the myth, the international Bronco legend... @Oscar

(pssst. you might want to ask @miesk5 or someone else on the staff to move this thread to the "build" section for you bud. ;) )
good idea :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks like it's gonna be a great build! The interior looks nearly pristine

Where did you find the stripe kit? Yours appears to have the same pattern as my truck, and while planning to repaint it, I haven't found any matches.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like it's gonna be a great build! The interior looks nearly pristine

Where did you find the stripe kit? Yours appears to have the same pattern as my truck, and while planning to repaint it, I haven't found any matches.
found on+line its for 1989-91 but can easily fix it to match and still have some left over since I fixed up 1987 Bronco way back in the 90s and you can still find all these part# on-line and some dealers still have them as nos parts

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got some cylinder heads also 180cc procomp iron heads I know procomp but better than E5TE

valve size is 1.94 and 1.60 and 58cc
now I need to order cam and timing chain and valves and springs and all that go power parts :thumbup

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,676 Posts
I just had the same size valves put in my 300-6!

Love the look of that ol 82! Gonna go with the visor and kc lights up top? That's such a classy look that harkens back to the infancy of offroad trucks

Reactions: BroncMom
1 - 20 of 118 Posts