Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,379 Posts
Can anyone PLEASE get a few pics of one of these side by side with a real FSB or even a later model F150?
My ol' lady had been seriously considering one of these because her '15 F150 is too tall and wide for her.
I read that official stats and measurements are nearly identical but then folks keep talking about it as being "small".

And before anyone even thinks of saying it... she'd rather buy an AWD sports car than on of those "Sport" models.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,483 Posts
I read that official stats and measurements are nearly identical but then folks keep talking about it as being "small".
That's just people being defensive and jealous.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
9,052 Posts
They put the spare in the middle? Didn't anybody tell them that Broncos have their spares offset to the right & Jeep puts them in the middle?

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That's just people being defensive and jealous.
I'm about to order my next daily driver lease vehicle, so i wanted to check these out as a possibility.

I also checked out the Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator, & I can tell you of the 3, the Bronco was a strong last place... but honestly they are all pretty cramped inside, so i'll probably just end up getting another full size crew cab pickup. I did like the Gladiator the most of those 3 though, as did the gf, the reality is that its just more useful.

As far as interior dimensions, from the seat cushion to the roof, maybe it is similar to a full size "on paper", but in reality, a full size truck doesn't have a rollbar, and latches shoved in there, then visors below them, all taking up interior space.

I'd suggest go sit in one and drive it, see for yourself like I did. Keyboard commando's that haven't tested all 3 cant really say much other than to speculate, but honestly I liked the idea & look of the new bronco, but in person & driving it, It didn't do much for me...

The gf is 5'-2", she didn't even get in the Bronco with the 35's, too tall, no way for her to even get into it without step bars or a stool something. I'd say the seat hieght was at 40" off the ground, which was a bit much, even for me at 6'-1"

·
Registered
91 Posts
I didnt sit it. The dealership was closed when o passed it and I was just passing through. If it wasnt so far away I would love to park mine beside it for a pic.

It did look very cramped inside. I did compare the dimensions to our edge and it is even smaller than it is. To robs point, that doesn't even account for all the extra stuff. Its possible the 4 door will be a little bigger, but it's still gonna be a no for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,483 Posts
I'm about to order my next daily driver lease vehicle, so i wanted to check these out as a possibility.

I also checked out the Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator, & I can tell you of the 3, the Bronco was a strong last place... but honestly they are all pretty cramped inside, so i'll probably just end up getting another full size crew cab pickup. I did like the Gladiator the most of those 3 though, as did the gf, the reality is that its just more useful.

As far as interior dimensions, from the seat cushion to the roof, maybe it is similar to a full size "on paper", but in reality, a full size truck doesn't have a rollbar, and latches shoved in there, then visors below them, all taking up interior space.

I'd suggest go sit in one and drive it, see for yourself like I did. Keyboard commando's that haven't tested all 3 cant really say much other than to speculate, but honestly I liked the idea & look of the new bronco, but in person & driving it, It didn't do much for me...

The gf is 5'-2", she didn't even get in the Bronco with the 35's, too tall, no way for her to even get into it without step bars or a stool something. I'd say the seat hieght was at 40" off the ground, which was a bit much, even for me at 6'-1"
Slow down and read more carefully... The question wasn't about interior dimensions.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,379 Posts
Well, it all matters but sounds like we're where we were anyway. Waiting to check one out in person, when it's finally an option. Ya'll make it sound more cramped than small and that would go along with the measurements given on them.
My lil' lady's just about the same size and while she can hop up in my FSB with the step, easily enough... we're not getting any younger and that won't thrill her much on the regular, day to day. A 2 door on 33's might be more her speed. Roomy cabs aren't that easy to come by... with every rig trying to wrap around you like a cockpit with a television screen these days. Bottom line interior for her will likely be if she can reach the glovebox w/out taking the seatbelt off. She loves her '93 Yota for the size but her F150 w/2.7 TT Echo for the "power", so throw on the convertible option and that's the biggest reason she's looking at the Mid-SB. We checked out the newer Jeeps just a few years ago and they impressed both of us as plastic toy junk. I had the same vibe with my old YJ too. Loved my old CJ but that was a different gen.

Personally... I could care less, as long as my '95's good to go. 🍻 (y) 🤣🤪

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts

Based on looks alone I'd rank the Gladiator last. They are one of the ugliest things I've seen on the road in a while.

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Based on looks alone I'd rank the Gladiator last. They are one of the ugliest things I've seen on the road in a while.
I hear ya, i liked the look at first, then I saw a few stripped down ones I didn't like... then I talked a guy I work with that had a Full size pick up & got a Galdiator a few months ago & he absolutely loves it. So I added it to my list to check out & when I took one home for the weekend, i really did like it too, which surprised me...

I do need a truck bed though, and I liked how I could get in and out of it easily, stereo rocked, the infotainment was nice, it had the same eco-diesel my Ram Limited has so it was great on fuel & power... its definitely got me thinking...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I like them. You can keep the 4 door ones. I feel the same way about pick up trucks. Why worry about people sitting in the back seat ... it's not like i will ever be back there. If you are dead set in being a car pool / uber driver.... then get a friggin mini van. if you want to ride with me then shut the hell up and climb your ass in the back.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,394 Posts
Sky Car Land vehicle Cloud Vehicle
Thought I was behind a CRV or Volvo suv
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Wheel

Then got closer and just shook my head.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I like them. You can keep the 4 door ones. I feel the same way about pick up trucks. Why worry about people sitting in the back seat ... it's not like i will ever be back there. If you are dead set in being a car pool / uber driver.... then get a friggin mini van. if you want to ride with me then shut the hell up and climb your ass in the back.

View attachment 182645
I have a 2 dr, 2.7L on order with Sasquach package. A coupe of weeks ago, I had my F150 in for service and the dealer has two 4 drs, one with 2.3L and the other a 2.7L. I took it out for a test drive. That 2.3 will flat out move. I like the retro early Bronco style, having owned one years ago as well as 2 full sizes.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts