Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. First timer here at FSB. After years of missing my old Bronco I was recently able to acquire another!

Back in 1993 when I was a junior in high school, I used to own an '85 red and white Bronco with a straight six. Ran some 32" Bridgestones on it and that was about it. Had so much fun with that truck. School was canceled due to a bad snow storm and on my way home due to slippery roads I ended up rolling it. Truck was totaled and missed it ever since.

Fast forward 27 years later and an opportunity presented itself and I immediately jumped on it. I purchased a '94 from a co-worker and couldn't be more excited. I have some plans for it in the future. Such as a different lift, headers, exhaust, bumpers, soft top, etc. Looking forward to spending a lot of time here researching and sharing my love for the full size Bronco.

Here's some pics of my old '85 and the '94.

·
Super Moderator
24,693 Posts
Yo JS,
Welcome and glad you made it through the rollover!

See Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get modification ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ https://owner.ford.com; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example, How to Use Search.
See more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting.

1994 Bronco Brochure, Partial; Cover & Page 3; plus pics of EDDIE BAUER model accessories.
by BigRob at 1994 Ford Bronco Bronco Accessories pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96), same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams
Let me know if they are still providing diagrams and TSBs because I haven't been able to log in recently.
Enjoy your fine looking 94!
Al

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,998 Posts
Welcome! Im partial to 85s and 300-6s, and blue 94 broncos. You hit the trifecta! Haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yo JS,
Welcome and glad you made it through the rollover!

Find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership.

Enjoy your fine looking 94!
Al
Thank you Al! Ironically I'm the assistant service manager at a Ford dealer and the first thing I did was run an OASIS and low and behold speed control recall still pending. So that will be taken care of asap.

Welcome! Im partial to 85s and 300-6s, and blue 94 broncos. You hit the trifecta! Haha
Hahaha glad I was able to provide! I'm super excited to have one again. Have lots planned!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So here's the build list in no particular order.
  • Cold air intake
  • Headers
  • Custom exhaust
  • Replace shift lever and OD button (parts ordered)
  • Replace multi-function switch (parts ordered)
  • Replace door/window felt trim (parts ordered)
  • Fab front and rear bumpers
  • Skyjacker 4" lift
  • American Racing AR23 wheels
  • Soft top
  • Better seats
  • Off road lighting
  • Warn manual locking hubs
  • Replace cracked left outside mirror glass
  • Replace rear brakes
  • Front drive shaft u-joints (parts ordered)
  • Replace wiper motor (parts ordered)
  • Electric cooling fans
  • Lockable center console
The list grows daily!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,998 Posts
I LOVE the AR23 wheels. They are one of the best looking wheels on these trucks.

Dont waste your money on a cold air intake kit. They dont work. And you already have a true cold air intake. You are better off insulating the factory intake tubes, and installing the air box inlet tube from a 4.9L/7.5L pickup or bronco and insulating it and the box. If you cant find one of those locally, pm me, I know who can get you one.

When I bought my Tuffy locking console, I got it from bronco graveyard. It was $100 cheaper than 4 wheel parts.

@klh95bronco can tell you about electric fans. His setup is really nice.

Check summit for pro comp led light bars. They were on clearance, for cheeeeeap, and they are great. Summit has good quality house brand ones.

There is a great deal on a 4" lift in the classifieds section, but you'll need 75 posts to qualify to buy it. You will be able to look at it though, due to our new website lacking the ability to make it a restricted section. PM me if you have questions about this.

Longtube headers are a pain and not really worth it on these trucks. I know from experience. Shorties are the way to go. If you can weld, making your own system is very rewarding. You can use pre bent mandrel bends bought from any mail order place like summit or jegs. It is often cheaper and better flowing than what a shop will do.

I would advise checking the U-joints in the front axle. Theres three, and they are often neglected.

Stay away from the gimmicky things out there you see on the big trucks with twenties. There are often cheaper and better alternatives. Such as a $300 Mag-Hytec differential cover. They dont do any cooling or really much strengthening. A nodular iron cover from Solid Axle Industries is under $100 and is significantly stronger. It also adds a bit of fluid capacity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took the Bronco out on it's first trail run since I purchased it. Installed a Rough Country 4" lift with 2" front spacers and longer front shocks. Replaced both front calipers, replaced rear brakes, replaced radius arm and axle bushings, spark plugs, and coolant temp sensor. Ran great! Next on the agenda is fix the bashed up exhaust, then address the wheel lockers and front wheel bearings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts