Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Raf is my Idol!!
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I finally got the damn truck to pass smog! I have been dealing with that for the past 2 months, so the rebuild of my truck had taken a back seat. But now that it finally passed ( main problem was the check engine light due to the tranny swap and the big tires were too big to fit the dyno so i need to get smaller ones) i can staart fixing the truck again.

I just got back from the metal shop with some 3/8's plate to plate the radius arms and then i need to put them under it! Then weld the crack in the frame, then fix the track bar mount, and lastly get some driveshafts made and I wil be ready to rock again! Man i can wait! Wich I had the money to do it all right now!

BTW did you know that for a smog check and the cert it costs 98.95 now in cali! That is for check only stations. I thought it was a little crazy! But i was too happy to care since i passed.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
100 bucks for a smog test?! good god almighty! I'm so glad I live where there are no emission tests :goodfinge

Good news on the truck tho. I don't imagine you're going to take the Damon route, and max out your card, are you?

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
dblue351 said:
Well
I just got back from the metal shop with some 3/8's plate to plate the radius arms and then i need to put them under it! Then weld the crack in the frame,
oops did you crack the frame:confused:
show us some pics and how that came.I newer seen broken fullsize Bronco frame before but seen a lot of chebby´s broken

·
Registered
267 Posts
dblue351 said:

BTW did you know that for a smog check and the cert it costs 98.95 now in cali! That is for check only stations. I thought it was a little crazy! But i was too happy to care since i passed.
Where did ya go!?!?!? Most places around here are between $30 and $45.... I'm around the LA area.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
a check only station. That means if something is wrong with your junk they cannot tell you what is wrong nor can they fix it.

it is the same test but they charge more because the state requires you to go there when your number is pulled.

·
Raf is my Idol!!
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Back to business!

Oscar said:
oops did you crack the frame:confused:
show us some pics and how that came.I newer seen broken fullsize Bronco frame before but seen a lot of chebby´s broken
Frame craked behind te steering box, mainly due to the amount of pressure the trck bar was putting in that area. I have a totally diffferent way of doing the track bar this time, so it will not happen again.

And for those that dont remember what I did, the video is in my superford account.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
damn dave that sucks bout the cost, and its great ya are getting your bronco back on the road.. hye dave wtf is a enhansed smog zone :shrug

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Damn Dave. I'm thinking of strait piping my junk! :lolup

·
Registered
95 Posts
They went to smog my truck-and 38's don't fit at all on the dyno. So they just tested my truck when it was idling-passed with flying colors. The fun part was seeing them try to use the dyno :histerica

·
Disgruntled Trucker
1,297 Posts
Yeah, my 89 wouldn't pass smog and I didn't want to spend the $90 just to find that out. Plus it died out on me one too many times, that's why I got the F150 :brownbag

·
Registered
589 Posts
davids78bronco said:
I'm so glad I live where there are no emission tests :goodfinge
Emission test ?!?:shrug ?!? whats that? lol...

no really though... what is covered under that ive never really took the time to understand it beings i dont have to dick with it... i hear in vermont where, IN MY DREAMS, im moving soon they have to do that, each vehical is tested once a year.. you have to get a little sticker each year saying your good, and the DMV drive around and randomly pull people over to check it out...
i was just wonderin what all was covered in an emmisions check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts