Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will roll down no problem, so i know it is not fuse. Just got a key for the back (it used to roll it up and down) but it will not work (the key just spins around). I simply cannot get it up! What can I do? The switch might be the problem, or could it be something else? Need help fast!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
pull it apart an check all the wires an make sure there all connected still um butt it could be the switch might have 2 chang it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It could just be the switch on the tailgate that prevent the window from moving if the tailgate in not shut properly.
Try here, great info.

Good luck.:thumbup

·
Registered
330 Posts
Back Window Woes: The motor can get stuck, mine got stuck up. I got inside the BKO and removed the panel, took a 12v battery inside, scraped insulation (taped up after) and got it to come down. Once I talked to a service manager that told me: "hit the motor with a hammer, they get stuck". I didn't do that! But you can try to jiggle or move it by slight prying.

The window mechanism needs lube, (grease), that may help. About mine: I replaced the motor and rewired (30 amp, fused line) the whole system, from the battery to a Universal Starter button, that I put in the dash. From the dash I wired a DPDT (double pole, double throw) switch, Radio Shack; $3.99. Heavy gauge wires from the front along the left side of the truck to where the stock wires go into the tailgate. Bypassed the key, and the switch that prevents window movement unless the gate is shut. Check that! There are two wires from the motor, you reverse polarity of the motor for up, flip the wires for down; that's what the DPDT does, PITA to wire. Hope this helps. I know what you're going through.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could you put up a diagram for wiring that DPDT switch, I was trying a similar rewire, my dash switch is wired hot, I ran new wires to the back then realized that I did not have a diagram to wire the relays that I was supposed to install. (as per a rewire job by fireguy50) cannot seem to find this diagram anywhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts