Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L/E4OD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ended up selling my last Bronco, a ‘96 XLT 5.8l, on the Oregon coast a few years ago, and have been bent ever since.

I found another 96, but this time a painfully OEM Eddie Bauer and it also has a 5.8. 31’s and aftermarket wheels and an aftermarket stereo are the only mods. All maintenance records since ‘97, 106k and the guy would move it around his yard and to keep it out of the sun as much as possible 2-3 times a day, for the last 10 years. It has all new moog steering and balljoint goods and urethane radius and pivot bushings.

It’s so painfully stock and clean, I really don’t want to modify it. It has some rear wheel well bubbles starting and has a minor spare tire related body damage. Redoing any body issues and respray the BC/CC and bring it back to a 10. Then upgrading some car audio stuff, sound proofing/rattle elimination and upgrading carpet to premium plush stuff w/ molded all weather mats.
I’m desperately trying not to touch the POS intake/heads/exhaust because of its super clean/low mile nature. Holley EFI intake w/ their efi system & COP ignition system, built 4R70w and a good lopey cam. A stage 4 Solo Motorsports suspension and 3” extended beams, built 9” rear w/discs.....
Already looking for an 80-86 to tear into for that, and keep my ‘96 totally stock.

·
Registered
1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L/E4OD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

last bad picture from when I stumbled across this truck, this past spring.

Just barely got it retitled and am preparing it for daily driver duty.

·
Super Moderator
29,116 Posts
Yo Swazo.
Welcome Back with the Best Big Bronco year ever made!

Did you have a different user name in past? If so,
"How To Change Username. Your chosen username is the one thing in your user profile you cannot change yourself, but if you made an error when recently registering, administrators may be able to do it for you manually.
While logged in under your current user name, use the "Contact Us" form for your request. Please provide your desired username. You might want to provide several names in order of preference in case your first choice is already in use." "Contact Us" is @ bottom of page in black horizontal section.

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number); or @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or ... have VIN ready. While there, see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details,
View attachment 154412

scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.
Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links), includes "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Register to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site .

See our Sites' FAQs, includes for example:
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts
How To Search The Site
What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery

Try to find time to participate and vote in our Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. See the prizes!
Al

Reactions: Swazo

·
Registered
1992 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8
347 Posts
Nice 96, i really like that color combo with the 5.8 is perfect. I'm im Arizona so don't really know about rust but that doesn't seem bad at all. Welcome back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts