Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read yellers thread about this. Is it beneifical to flip it around? Is it only recommended for mainly a trail rig or would it hurt a 50/50 on road off road vehicle? Can you just turn the carb around and figure out a way to hook up the throttle or can only certain carbs be turned? I have an edelbrock 600 or 650 carb. Just thought I would ask. If it would make off road climbs better then I would consider doing it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i read about this in petersons somewhere......not sure which month, ill look for it though.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Get rid of the Edelbrock if you really want good offroad performance. My Edelbrock 750 is going for sale soon. I put a Quadrajet on, which is the carb that this trick is usually done with. Not sure if it would help much with the Edelbrock or not, but the same priniciple MAY apply. The idea is that the primaries don't get enough fuel on an incline, so putting them in the back ensures they get fuel. At least put in offroad needles and seats on that Edelbrock (I'm assuming its a Performer?), they help I guess.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. He used a Fuel pressure regulator would I need that? I am using an electric fuel pump. Here is the carb I have.

I don't know anything about this yet. I know OX1 did it with his quadrajet but his looks to be mainly off road. Just didn't know if it would hurt on road? Would my carb work or would I need a quadrajet.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
It works as well on road as it does in the standard position. Its not like the engine knows the carb is backwards or something, and it mixes fuel just like it always would. All it is doing is making it get more fuel to the primaries on steep inclines, thats it.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,920 Posts
ok just wondering if everyone has looked closely at the edlebrock carbs? the reason i ask is that some of the best carbs in the world are weber carbs. see where i am going with this.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
The only thing I can attest to is the fact that my Edelbrock Performer SUCKS BAD offroad. I mean its horrible... My stock carb on the 351W was pretty awesome, then going to this is a night and day difference.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
85f150 said:
if he has the quadrajet style edel would the principle remain the same or is it still crap?
Same principle would apply.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts