Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've searched and read about the Qjet and I love 'em. I wheeled them before(on Chevys!) and I've read about the adapters I need to put them on my 302. I just happen to have a good working Qjet sitting in my garage(don't ever get rid of stuff!), so off I go.

Now first I figure I'll need a 4 barrel manifold, am I correct?

What is the reasoning behind mounting them backwards and how do I do it(besides bolting it on backward!).

Any help would be great and if anyone has a 4 barrel manifold lying around send it my way! I'm broke so nothing high dollar.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would if you are all ready efi is stay with the efi it works a whole lot better on the off road trucks other wise you have to change your fuel system , to much presure for the carb, ben there done that and am going back ot efi

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 302 is from a '79 LTD, so it's carbed. Yes if I had fuel injection I would be doing this!

Also just a stupid question but if it starves going uphill, when you mount it backwards wouldn't it stall coming downhill now?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I suppose it would stall, the difference would be that you are heading downhill and gravity will keep you going downhill

·
has no skidplate
4,322 Posts
I suppose it would stall, the difference would be that you are heading downhill and gravity will keep you going downhill
shit rolls downhill, i'd imagine it'd be more difficult to get it to go up hill with a dead engine than downhill with a dead engine

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have 351 about 400hp going in to the wifes [email protected]#p as soon as I get the broc back on the road and it has a 750 holly on and going down hills and putting it on some angle killed the carb but if you are carbed now then it would cheaper to go to the auto parts or jegs , summit and order the carb addaptor for your truck and put hte q-jet on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts