Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Reverend Trick Playa
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently had to replace the 3rd member of my 9" Got the rear axle seals and bearings pressed on (and even replaced the shoes,pads and wheel cylinders when I had the axle work). Problem I was and still am having is that the pedal is soft and there is an extreme dive to the left when braking. Bled the brakes, even replaced bleeder screws and nothing. to stop, I've got to give about a half a steering wheel turn just to hold it straight.

Is there a chance the rear axles are wrung off?
The LT rear is still slowly leaking fluid and when I wobbled the tire with it on a jackstand...bearing is still loose

Where else can I look for solutions?

·
Registered
153 Posts
If your diving that bad and need to correct with the steering, then I dont think its your rear-end. when was the last tine you had shocks replaced? check your radius arn bushings. You may need front brakes. front brakes do 80% of your braking, rear brakes shouldnt do anything drastic enough to screw you up that bad.

Is it an up and down "wobble", or in and out at the top. Or does the whole wheel move in and out like an eighth in. That would be acceptable IMO.

Also, did the new bearing include collars, I cant imagine them not but:shrug

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
I almost wonder if you got some brake fluid on the right side drum or shoe when you replaced the cylinders. Maybe one wasn't quite hooked up right also. I'm currently experiencing the same problem as you, and it was scary at first but now I'm used to it and anticipate it jerking to the right. Probably not that safe if I had to make a split second decision, but it's going to have to do until I can see whats up. I'd just pull the wheels and drums off and do a visual inspection. I doubt it would be a suspension problem or anything though, but I'm sure the more knowledgeable guys would have a better opinion.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Try bleeding all your brakes, including the fronts. You may have a sticking caliper or faulty brake line coming out of the caliper, inspect brake hose for any signs of cracking and or bubbling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts