Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my truck a a shop getting fixed and they say it looks like a bad computer is there anyways i can tell before i go buy one
i was putting a tune up on it and took my throttlebody off and cleaned all the carbon out and the iac to and put it back together and will not start adn it fires every once in awhile it is really weird the truck is an 88 302 only has 67000 on it
the shop is saying they can get any codes nothing out of the computer no signals at all is there anything that i can narrow it down to the computer by

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
white_88 said:
i was putting a tune up on it and took my throttlebody off and cleaned all the carbon out and the iac to and put it back together and will not start adn it fires every once in awhile
I really doubt that you doing that caused the ECM to go bad. Sounds like they just need to look for a bad connection. Before you let them replace the ECM and charge you an arm and a leg go up there and try and pull codes yourself with a paper clip. Check and make sure all the connectors under the hood are plugged in and check codes to make sure they're not trying to pull one over on you. Look specifically around the TB where you were working and make sure you didn't bump or cut something. Did you mess with the TPS at all?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i put a new one on it
this shop i know real well he put it on a machine no codes on responce out of the computer
i checked 4 or5 times connections and stuff like that it started on me then died and wouldnt let me give it gas
but the computer should be throwing some signal out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts