Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Filed for divorce today... Need to get out. Who's with me?

five o two-507-six three o four

Josh

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to get out for a ride around the back of the mountain

The bad news:
I got stuck on placitas rd around 5pm. No signal to call. Full tank of gas. Tried EVERYTHING we could think of (first run of season and didn't have my emergency kit). Could JUST barely get enough traction to piss me off. Ended up blowing radiator hose around 9:30pm. Only 1 car the whole time and they didn't stop. Aired down tires, rocking it as much as possible. Around 1:30am a vehicle finally drive by. By this time I had overheated it about 6 times, fluids were leakin everywhere, everything was smoking, broke motor mounts (reverse 4x4 low is dangerous). After getting tugged out, found out transmission wouldn't shift out of first. Made it to the black top and it dies. I coast down the back of the mountain with it dead until I get to the bottom. Called geico and had it towed.

It got down to 21 degrees that I know of, and windy as hell. Very lucky we didn't get frostbite. I tried everything and was Doug everything I could to get unstuck.
Pretty damn scary night. Finally got home around 4am.. 11 hrs later.

Missed my football game (geaux tigers!) :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it back from the transmission shop and they told me some linkage had come undone and i had some bent valves in valve body of the transmission. took it out shooting last night and ran great. freaking amazing.. i KNOW i overheated it BAD at least 5 times while i was stuck. i need to change out my thermostat and i should be good to go

·
Registered
116 Posts
crash!!! whats up man. I didnt know you were here.

this is jason from san antonio tx.

MY girlfriend and I bought a fabtech lift from you on the f150online site a few years ago, well maybe like 3 years ago or more. I bought a fender flares for it too and some other crap from you. we tried to get together on your way to NM but it never worked out.

Hope you are doing ok after all that drama.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
sorry to hear that, hope everything gets better. keep your head up and think positive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts