Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really bad exhaust leak on my bronco. I looked on the manifolds for cracks but I didnt see any. The sound is coming from the right side of the engine(I think its the right, whatever the passenger side is called). I know the little flexable tube that connects the EGR to the exhaust mainfold is missing. Would this cause the engine to be so loud? I replaced the crossover tube cause it was broken and replaced the little plastic valve that is connected to the thermactor system because it was missing. Only think I can think of is that little tube or a exhaust manifold gasket, whick I heard that these engines dont have one from the factory.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a big leak on the right side of my engine as well. Couldn't see any cracks either, but went ahead and got headers and problem solved. Upon inspection of the manifold, it did have a crack on the underneith side and no there wasn't a gasket.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crap, another thing I have to spend money on:shrug

I just checked out summits website and I cant find anything for a '86 with a 302. They have ones for '86 351w and 87+ 302's but nothing for mine. Will the ones for the '87+ work on my truck?

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
NO they are gonna have that exhaust tube on the drivers side.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
King Andy351 said:
i have been driving with a cracked manifold for over a year. its not that bad, but maybe you have a bigger crack?
My mom said that she can hear my truck when I come onto the apts property(500ft away, engine rpms around 1500). I get nervious when driving around cops too cause I think its loud enough to give a excessive noise ticket or whatever its called.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe if they had the impala around here:brownbag :rolleyes: , but they still drive crown vics:D. Is there a place that sells relativaly cheap headers that will work on my bronco?

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Flowtech... I have a pair that worked on my 81

they are just headers with 2 1/2 collectors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts