Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a 1995 Bronco with a 5.0. and the super cooling/towing package. I know that I have the severe duty fan clutch with the 19" reverse rotation fan and the blades are pitched (2-1/2") to allow the clutch to engage and disengage. My question is that when the fan is rotating are the blades supposed to be moving back and forth alot almost as if they are all bent? There is no play in the clutch and the blades look fine. Any thoughts would be great. thanks guys

·
Registered
82 Posts
Out of curiosity, why are the blades not even around? I noticed then when I changed my WP but I guess it's like that for a reason.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Kikwear said:
Out of curiosity, why are the blades not even around? I noticed then when I changed my WP but I guess it's like that for a reason.
It's to make the sound of the fan quiter.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Gacknar said:
It's to make the sound of the fan quiter.
X-Actly... If they were all even, or equal spaces, they would generate a hormonic that you could hear. Having the offset, yet balanced blades, you dont get the whirrr.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Do you know that for sure? I always just assumed they were spaced that way to make it possible to get the bolts off. The only way I can ever get to the bolts with a shroud on(and the shroud can't come off until the fan does) is between the blades that are spaced farther apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts