Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been covered before but I Don't have a clue to where to start looking in the forums for my problem.

My Truck is very sluggish and shaky at low rpm and a low gear or uphill. It has new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and coil. New tranny and transfer case. I have checked for vacuum leaks as best as I can. The only thing I can think to do is ask for help. This has been a problem since I bought the truck about a month ago. I have been spending all my spare time trying to fix it up and I want it to run right. with no load on the engine its great. It passed inspection great, and does not lose any oil at all. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay I have been searching the threads and have found a few similar problems but nothing the same. I checked me TPS and it is good. I am completely stumped

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,741 Posts
Have you tried pulling codes for the Hell of it? Is the baseline ignition timing correct?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no codes showing. I have used seafoam and ran it almost empty and used Mystery Oil in the gas. It cleared up some and the rattle noise isn't so evident. It seems to missfire while cruising on the highway but not at idle or when accelerating from a stop until 3'rd gear and up.
I am starting to think it might be a leak in the intake manifold. Could that be a likely cause?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,741 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally figured out what the problem was. I had a bent pushrod and I replaced it. Truck runs great now. Now I know the real meaning of BUILT FORD TOUGH this truck ran for 7 months on 7 cylinders and now it's like nothing happened. no other damage except for my wallet buying wxtra gas and parts I didn't need.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
How did you end up narrowing it down to a bent push rod?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I replaced the intake gaskets and noticed the #5 runner was clean while the other 7 had the normal buildup in them. Then when I replaced the plugs I noticed that the plug was spottless and I put 2 and 2 together and decided to pull the valve cover and check. Sure enough that was what it was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts