Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard that Winchester is closing its New Haven Plant and the last 70's, 94's and 1300s are on the shelf. End of a Era:cry

They will be imported from now on, I have no idea where from.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Yea, it really sucks. I shot my friends dad;s model 70 im 7mm rem mag. MAN WHAT A SWEET GUN. I heard all teh imported ones will be the REALLy expensive customs. It sucks cause i was looking to buy a model 70, now the price is gonna go up when im ready to buy.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
i find it a hard lesson to swallow that they are going to close such an important manufacturing facility. i will be hard pressed to buy any imitation winchester products from any new manufacturing plants. besides the craftsmanship, my winchester's represent something of a historical context to my firearm collection. Unlike my colt ar-15, but similar to my colt .45's, they are not cookie cutter, generically cnc'd, reproduction garbage.

i guess this means that all of my several winchesters are going to become relics of a by gone era of american firearm manufacturing.

what a bummer.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet Walmart had something to do with it, as Walmart is f-cking everything up.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i bought one of the 8 shot 1300's a couple of years ago. too bad about the company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts