Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually feel a little sorry for Ford right now. Seems like the new bronco renderings that were leaked to the public have had a lukewarm reception.
On top of that, the COVID-19 outbreak hits virtually on the eve of the release of their most anticipated vehicle in a decade.
To top it off, the economy is spiraling downward and making a $35,000 purchase for a new toy is not at the top of the list for most people.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
715 Posts
Yep, crappy timing. A few years ago I was tempted to invest a bunch of money in Ford stocks, hoping on a big gain when the Bronco comes back.... Guess I got lucky I didn't go through with that....

·
Registered
41 Posts
On the flip side:
People reconnecting with getting outside
Maybe we're going to have another "roaring 20s" on the other side of this
Bronco might be a great family car as well as a toy - two birds with one stone.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,170 Posts
I actually feel a little sorry for Ford right now. Seems like the new bronco renderings that were leaked to the public have had a lukewarm reception.
On top of that, the COVID-19 outbreak hits virtually on the eve of the release of their most anticipated vehicle in a decade.
To top it off, the economy is spiraling downward and making a $35,000 purchase for a new toy is not at the top of the list for most people.
It's not our fault the new Bronco has some questionable design elements. Depending on how you look at it, it kind of looks like a Jeep. Also why would they get rid of our power rear window?? That was such a boss feature.

I do agree with everything else and I also feel sad for how this whole bronco show has gone down.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,170 Posts
Yep, crappy timing. A few years ago I was tempted to invest a bunch of money in Ford stocks, hoping on a big gain when the Bronco comes back.... Guess I got lucky I didn't go through with that....
lol I did! :(
It will go back up. A couple days ago was actually the BEST time to buy when it was 4$. The dividend has been suspended which sucks but that's honestly the smart thing to do right now.

(I'm long F btw)

·
Super Moderator
24,167 Posts
Yo,
I recall when GM Stock dropped from $60.00/share to $12.00 in early 70s that caused retirees to have fits.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,111 Posts
Jim Hackett outlined a cost-reduction plan for Ford because of the impact of the Coronavirus. It includes:
  • No jobs cut, for now
  • Top 300 execs will defer 20-50% of pay for 5 months; Bill Ford will defer all of his
  • Enhanced sick leave provisions etc
  • Will try to reopen factories making trucks and Fusions in April.
Yeah, those evil executives at it again - LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts