Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Badlands ILFWDA run

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  BadassBronco 
#1 ·
illinois 4 wheel drive association run
me and the TJ where suppoised to be the trail leader/gunner for the hard trail of the park, but others showed up and wanted to do it. we didnt ague, and let them do the trail we have done all the time.
we decided it was time for a challenge. we hit and tryed most of the hard areas/rock gardens of the park along with a sweet EB.

my shit held toghther, the bronco lost its EFI pump, and the
2002 TJ .......

See less See more
#5 ·
4xPepe` said:
Looks like a good time Zach! :thumbup
I'm likein' that EB! :rockon
I was liking it to!
347 fuel injection motor
dual dynatrac HP 60's
atlas 2
38.5's

it was sweet, but major $$ in it.
me and him where fairly well matched for the day. we each did one thing the other couldnt, but no biggie. we both had the same wheel base, tire size, and gearing. he had an auto though, and was about 6" or so wider than my zuk. the width was hurting him big time, but the motor helped muscle him out some.

#8 ·
wes 03 said:
by sayin he was 6" wider, was he running full width axles? just wondering what your width is compared to full width

wes
for reference. i consider my bronco on 1/2 ton axle, 15x10's with normal BS rims fullwidth at 84" to the edge of the tires
id say he was probably about 80-81" from the edge of each tire,but he was running rims with hardly any BS at the time.
id say my zuk is about 73-75" from the edge of the tire to the edge.

and no, maurdader, we where doing the hard shit, could have happened to anyone.....
the zuk and bronco never got to try that line, as it was late in the day and we ran out of time for the day trying to get the TJ to run again.

#12 ·
hey mike, i have thought that too. then i think, "who wants to be like that weirdo badass?" j/k badass, the thought has crossed my mind, still tryin to decide what kind of trail rig to get.

wes

p.s. a bronco topless with half doors sittin on 37s sure does sound nice

#13 ·
Looks like Zach's turing into a trend setter!
I just saw a nice little zuk in the local "Wheels & Deals".
All jacked, swapped gearing/axles and on nice 33's. Damn thing even had a snorkle! $3200.

Too small for me.... but a fun toy for the wife, if we had $$$ to blow. ;)

#14 ·
4xPepe` said:
Looks like Zach's turing into a trend setter!
I just saw a nice little zuk in the local "Wheels & Deals".
All jacked, swapped gearing/axles and on nice 33's. Damn thing even had a snorkle! $3200.

Too small for me.... but a fun toy for the wife, if we had $$$ to blow. ;)
the funny thing is the guy who owns that bronco also owns a zuk!

my other buddy also owns a sweet EB, but was wheelign his zuk on the hard trail that day.
its a trend, if you own a bronco, you need a zuk.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.