Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any areas were one could have some fun that isn't just 1/2mph rocks and mud? I've toyed with the idea of turning the bronco in the baja direction, but not if I never actually get to *drive* it... The closer to north texas the better, but I would even be okay with making a road trip for a long weekend or something like that. So if you know, post up! (and yes, I have tried google)

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Little Sahara State Park in Oklahoma.... Clubs got a run scheduled up there in Feb.. PM if interested.. It's probably quite a drive to Northern Oklahoma for ya but it's the closest you'll find to baja around these parts. Do a google search on the park name and you should find more info also..

Good luck---Fog

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Yeah, move to arizona, desert as far as the eye can see. And when you get tired of that, you can go to the dunes. Course, that'd mean moving away from texas, you should start packing right now.

Old Yeller

·
Registered
621 Posts
old yeller is right, drive over to az, welcome to my backyard or down to yuma, or the sand dunes. good baja running down there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yuma, AZ... I'm 20-30 minutes away from the Imperial Sand Dunes and have good desert and sand off roading all around... We also have the river about 5 minutes away if you like driving in water.. move now...

Shawn

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:( I've wanted to move to Arizona for many years. I'll definitely give you guys a heads up if/when (when) I make another trip out there though. We get a taste of desert here sometimes, but nothing like that feeling of going from 95 degrees to 60 or 50 degrees in a matter of minutes. I miss it. :(

Foghorn, shooting you a PM.

I thought maybe there would be something in south or southwest Texas? Maybe I'll just have to buy up some land and make my own park...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
www.westtexasbaja.com - just a few minutes west of Lubbock and about 5 hours west of DFW. Texas Off Road Racing Association (TORRA) may hold a race there if and when it can get the liability insurance issue squared away. So prep your Bronco, and let me know if you need any help doin' it!

And uh - for those of y'all who don't know 'bout Texas - we got plenty of open desert in the western half of this huge state! Main problem is that it's mostly privately owned by wealthy cattle barons, oil production companies and private hunting leaseholders. Oh, and it gets hot here in TX, just not 124 degree oven heat like in Yuma! I know, I used to live in El Centro, CA and managed to survive the thermonuclear summer heat the few years I lived there!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Foghorn said:
Little Sahara State Park in Oklahoma.... Clubs got a run scheduled up there in Feb.. PM if interested.. It's probably quite a drive to Northern Oklahoma for ya but it's the closest you'll find to baja around these parts. Do a google search on the park name and you should find more info also..

Good luck---Fog
Hey, when in FEB are you headed to the dunes? I only live about 45 min from there and it's where I do most of my wheelin since I've been back to Ok. Maybe I could meet you out there. I never see any other people in 4x4's that would give you the time of day, mostly just a bunch of kids in their chebbies who act annoyed that some guy in his ford is offering to help get them unstuck.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
what? dont tell people to move to AZ!!! We are closed! there are too many outof state people here already clogging are streets, jacking up our housing, and taking our jobs!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dustin said:
what? dont tell people to move to AZ!!! We are closed! there are too many outof state people here already clogging are streets, jacking up our housing, and taking our jobs!
Don't worry. I would want nothing to do with the city if I moved to AZ. Maybe a weekly or bi-weekly trip into town for groceries, but that's it. :thumbup

I would be living it up as a mountain man. :toothless

1 - 11 of 11 Posts