Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this Bronco on ebay. I waited until the last 20 seconds of the auction and still got outbidded. I had spent the last few days before the end of the auction corresponding with the seller. As luck would have it the winning bidder was a flake and seller contacted me. The truck was delivered to me in the OC from Hesperia today. Nice that I didn't have to make that 200 mile round trip.

I'm really happy with this new Bronco. It's a 1995 XLT all blacked just like my current Bronco. The only difference is that my daily driver has tan interior and this new rig has grey which is one of the reasons why I purchased this ride.

Here are a few stats:
5.8 with 79,000 original miles
One owner
vehicle is in awesome condition, check it out.

Future Plans:
Mount my Solo Motorsports gear (radius arms and beams) I was saving for my Class 3 build. Deavers and Solo shackles.

Cosmetic:
Limo tint all the way around. Have the entire truck detailed.

Oh by the way, the seller knocked down the price by $500.00 if he could keep his wheels. He sent the truck with a nice set of rusty rollies, lol.

Chris

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for the nice words. Yeah those rims and tires look like @$$, lol. I picked it up for $4,500.00. A little more then I really wanted to pay but if you look at this truck in person you can see how clean it really is. I ran the carfax on it and it was purchased in Puente Hills Ford in So Cal and had 99% of it's service done there. This should turn out to be a nice little prerunner.

But I still have my Class 3 in the works. This is my build up...... still in tear down. That's my Autofab hood in the back ground.

Check out my number 3 Green RC Bronco at the top of the bottom photo. Bought that off ebay from an amusement park New York that was going out of business.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The new truck looks good Chris. You're an animal by the way. How many Broncos is this for you? Isn't one gas-guzzling pig enough!? Ha!
Thanks Steve and you're right, how many gas guzzling can one own. Dang, I'm up to three Broncos and one CJ7. If I keep buying toys my Class 3 will never get done, :(

Though I have had my sights set on a Ford Model A 1930 four door in Ventura County. That would make a killer rat rod.........what the hell am I thinking?!?!?!?!

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm finally getting around to giving the Jeep CJ a little love. I had some serious carb trouble and tranny trouble while chasing for my buddy's class 3 racer down at the Baja 500 2007, since then the Jeep has pretty much sat around and collected dust. I've decided to have the carb rebuilt and go from a standard 5 speed to an automatic. I hope it turns out since my 13 year old boy is dying to go out for some mild rock crawling with me.

While off she goes to T&J Performance for a little TLC.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
so when is the build starting?
I wish I could say sooner then later but I'm putting in some cash into my mild crawler. The CJ7 is getting a swap from 5 speed stick to TF999 auto, carb rebuild and new beard seats. Stupid Jeep, it's way too fun to drive. I've been meaning to sell it. Getting it ready for the Terra Del Sol down in San Diego this spring.

The only thing I've done to my Class 3 build lately is rust removal on the frame.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Nice CJ gunit. I like that picture of the crack at Moab. Hopefully I'll make it one year to the Easter Jeep Safari.

Skittles, I wish I had the skills to fix it myself but I'm just some desk jockey. I watch some of the builds here (Yikes, Blackmarket, SteveG, etc.) and I'm completely jealous of those guys.

Automatics still rock for the slow go if you ask me. Running two tranny coolers in hopes that it will survive a little while. We'll see.

CP

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So last weekend I installed my 2" Eibach springs. So far I'm pretty happy with the ride. I also installed a set of ES9000 Pro Comp shocks in the front.

This weekend I decide to install my rear shocks.... actually my boy installed them :)

I still have to wait until next week to replace my rear leaf bushing set with a new set from Energy Suspension.

One of these days I'll get this Class 3 wannabe built. It sits here looking very sad:

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So while I had the garage open I decided to grab a few items I want to have powder coated over at Embee in Santa Ana, California. I decided to have the set of old car ramps my dad made back around the mid 70s when he worked at a machine shop called Metal Masters in South Gate, California. I was over at my dad's house not too long ago and asked him if he still had them. Sure enough they were sitting out back behind his house. Why restore these, while I'm just sentimental like that and I remember the good times hanging with my pops and him using these ramps to work on his old Dodge Tradesman van.

Also getting powder coated are some mirror mounts and my CJ brake assembly.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It's a 2wd, 490, C6 with Gear Vendor Overdrive. Yep it's Chris W.'s old Bronco. I'd love to make this a prerunner. I've been looking at Solo Motorsports' equal length beams. Lots to think about and lots to plan.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I'd love to run a 4 link. Once I get closer to this build I'll start a thread because I really want some feed back. I think once it's caged this Bronco is going to be pushing 8,000 pounds in weight.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.