Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed all 4 ball joints at the beging of Dec. I changed all 4 of them again this past weekend. Anyone have an IDEA of why they all went bad in under a month. NO clue.. Any ideas for me to look at so it dont happen again would be great. Buy the way Im running a 6" lift with 35s.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
What brand of ball joints did you buy? Abuse? Poor alignment?

Did the uppers or lowers go bad?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
What kind were they? Did you lube them immediately after installation? Is your alignment correct?

FWIW, I had TRW heavy duty ball joints go bad after only three or four months. They were permanently lubed, and had lifetime warranties, but I figured the lifetime warranty is useless if the parts won't last more than a year before puking. Strangely enough, and out of desperation at the time to get my truck back on the road, I went with AutoZone ball joints. They're greaseable, and have held up surprisingly well. :shrug :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were TRW pieces of crap. Yes my truck is alligned. The front end is nuts on. And yes I lubed them. This was not my first time replacing ball joints. I have had two FSBs previously. And this wasnt the first time I changed ball joints on a FSB. I just dont know why they went so fast. I changed them all out thgis weekend again with Moog. I hope these last. I have never had this happen to me on any of my trucks. just lookin for ideas thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
aww man, i got those TRWs i think....I was picking up stuff from graveyard so for the convenience factor i ordered their "dana spicer OEM" replacements.....well on the bottom the joints it has TRW stamped...whats with that

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
just put in Spicer non-greasable next time and you won't have any issues for a long time. I think they are actually cheaper than moog as well.

·
Registered
439 Posts
aww man, i got those TRWs i think....I was picking up stuff from graveyard so for the convenience factor i ordered their "dana spicer OEM" replacements.....well on the bottom the joints it has TRW stamped...whats with that

I would send them back! As of right now thats where I plan to get the OEM/Spicer Ball Joints for my BKO, unless someone has a better place to get Spicer Ball/ujoints or a complete D44 rebuild kit?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
RockAuto.com

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had to replace the ball joints in my Bronco last year - end of last year - and I decided then that if the factory stuff could last as long as it did, that if I have to replace them again instead of SAS I would go to Ford and buy the ones from them.....make sense? I'm just waking up

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I had to replace the ball joints in my Bronco last year - end of last year - and I decided then that if the factory stuff could last as long as it did, that if I have to replace them again instead of SAS I would go to Ford and buy the ones from them.....make sense? I'm just waking up
And those would be Spicers. They can be had cheaper from other places than Ford.

·
Registered
477 Posts
There is no way I am taking apart my truck again to send back balljoints. I am just upset because they were labeled as spicer non-greasables. Damnnn...Maybe they are the same thing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts