Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
greasable. The non-greaseables claim to be sealed, but rest assured, dust, dirt and water WILL get past those seals. Having greasable joints will push the crap out, and leave clean grease

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
davids78bronco said:
greasable. The non-greaseables claim to be sealed, but rest assured, dust, dirt and water WILL get past those seals. Having greasable joints will push the crap out, and leave clean grease
Yea Yeah what he said:thumbup

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
davids78bronco said:
I totally concur

·
Registered
125 Posts
Those greasable Moog M2 'Problem Solvers' are impressive- I literally put on a brand new upper/lower set on both sides two weeks ago. Moog is really the only company that reengineered older chassis parts recently with more convenience and better technology and it shows. The zerks are actually easy to reach with the tire off. What a concept!

This is my second set of Moog parts on a D44 (first set being on a 71 k5 blazer), and I am nothing but impressed with the materials and build of the parts. I also did my tie rod ends and drag links with Moog, and I would do it again in a second.

Greasable all of the way, no doubt. These guys know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I needed all 4 replaced. I was looking at bronco graveyards cheap deal, but went with Moog greasables. . So far they are holding up nice to my beating. Hopefully you have the tools to install them yourself. Having a shop do it and be quite spendy. I was quoted 800$, and $1000 at another. Finally got it down to 500$

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
greasable. working in a dealership for a week, i am amazed at how all the "sealed" ball joint/tie rod ends have ZERO grease in them. just completely flaccid boots. sealed my ass.

makes me wonder what the hell the designers were smoking.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bri_Guy5 said:
greasable. working in a dealership for a week, i am amazed at how all the "sealed" ball joint/tie rod ends have ZERO grease in them. just completely flaccid boots. sealed my ass.

makes me wonder what the hell the designers were smoking.
Crap :(
I have sealed balljoints made by Spicer. should I be OK for a while?

·
Registered
843 Posts
dale gribble said:
Those greasable Moog M2 'Problem Solvers' are impressive- I literally put on a brand new upper/lower set on both sides two weeks ago. Moog is really the only company that reengineered older chassis parts recently with more convenience and better technology and it shows. The zerks are actually easy to reach with the tire off. What a concept!

Greasable all of the way, no doubt. These guys know what they are talking about.
DD - what was the cost of the MOOG "Probelm Solvers" and where did you order them from?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I needed all 4 replaced. I was looking at bronco graveyards cheap deal, but went with Moog greasables. . So far they are holding up nice to my beating. Hopefully you have the tools to install them yourself. Having a shop do it and be quite spendy. I was quoted 800$, and $1000 at another. Finally got it down to 500$
Not a problem doing it myself. Have replaced 6 or seven sets on different cars over the years. I think some shops think they charge whatever.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
84bluebronco said:
Crap :(
I have sealed balljoints made by Spicer. should I be OK for a while?
Without a doubt, the spicer non-greasable are hands down the best. PERIOD. Don't be worried; as year after year they do you right. I put them in my SAS, with all other new parts. never even considered anything else since they are also reasonably priced. I would not suggest another brand that is non-greasable. Certain things just MUST be spicer. If you can, always buy spicer gearsets, worth the money.

I'll also mention my stock TTB balljoints made it 10 years....no zerk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts