Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That one has been floating around for a while, but it is still fun to watch.

And a point of clarity, it's a Mini-gun, not a gatling gun. This is a gatling gun:

The gatling gun is hand cranked with a much slower rate of fire. The mini-gun is electrically driven or gas-operated and has insane fire rates.

For those who are interested, those glowing tracer rounds are usually placed one to every four rounds. Those weapons fire between 4000-6000 rounds per minute. That's up to 100 rounds per second, or a lot of hot metal coming your way. :toothless

"Happiness is a belt-fed weapon."

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
It's a gatling gun. The hand crank doesn't make it a gatling gun the barrell rotation makes it a gatling gun.

I think Dillon Aero knows what they are making......they've been doing it a while. "Mini Gun" picked up popularity when the gun hit the general public, gatling gun reminded people of that picture, mini gun sounded more correct for the new era.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
That's nuts

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
looks like fun

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
It's a gatling gun. The hand crank doesn't make it a gatling gun the barrell rotation makes it a gatling gun.

I think Dillon Aero knows what they are making......they've been doing it a while. "Mini Gun" picked up popularity when the gun hit the general public, gatling gun reminded people of that picture, mini gun sounded more correct for the new era.
Actually mini-gun was the new name given after the weapon was redesigned and repatented in the sixties (by GE If I remember). The new design was sufficiently different to earn a new patent.

Gatling Gun refers to the original patented version invented by Richard Gatling in the 1800's. All rotating, multi-barreled, designs tend to get grouped together as many are inspired by or based on the original Gatling, but it is not technically correct to call them all by the same name.

It's all semantics, but I'm a machine gunner from my military days, so it's a point of order for me.

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
all i know is i want one. i'll hook it up to some servos and mount it on top of my truck. drive AND shoot. woot woot!:histerica

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Holy image resize, Batman!
Anywho, that video makes me wonder if I could get my hands on that patent scematic and build one.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
bigbroncojeff said:
" i told him i already got one"

ok fine it's not exactly the same
And the winch line can be run out to trip a claymore too right. :toothless

1 - 12 of 12 Posts