Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a barry grant road demon Jr. 625 from a friend and used it on my 78 all last summer, but since it is not the barry grant with the ford AT kickdown, i just removed the kickdown rod and shifted manually. according to BG tech the model with ford kickdown linkage has a different base plate - the kickdown isnt available separately and woudnt fit on my carb even if it was.

because of this set up i don't beleive a holley ford kickdown linkage will mount up to the BG carb. anyone 'rigged' up their AT kickdown to a carb without the correct kickdown linkage? trying to figure out if there is some way i can get this to work so i dont have to manually downshift going up hills.

pics of a holley or BG with ford kickdown hooked up might help.

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
The C6 just has to have the rod depressed, it doesn't control pressure and is not throttle sensitive. You may be able to rig up something on the throttle linkage itself to depress the rod a half inch or so at WOT.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Lokar has a great set up for the throttle linkage and kick down. You should ckeck them out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'll try rigging it up (when the weather is a bit warmer), and if that doesn't work out well I can always go with the Lokar setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts