Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, really sorry to bring this up YET again, I to have seen a zillion threads. But I am fixing to order my setup, and I Really just want to be 100% sure on this, I already ordered in the past and the 100$ i spent on something is waste because I cant use it.

The Bassani Y OFFROAD pipe, is a 2 piece, without cat Y pipe? And the inlet diamiter is 2.50", so does this mean the entire 1st Y piece is 2.50? And the 2nd piece is 3"?

I want to get the Catco Hi Flo Cat, and it says it is a 3" through and through, so will my cat slide over the Bassani pieces, and bolt with clamps and not leak?

Im a little unsure as to how I can get all 3" pieces and them slide over each other, I thought that each peice had to be bigger than the other.

Sorry for all the questions, but Im actully planning to order tonight or tommorow night, and I just dont want to waste my money on something because I was mis-informed./

FYI : I actully am hoping to get it welded before the end of the year, I just dont want it leak with clamps, Ive seen it done before with no leaks so hopefully Im lucky to.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I need to, I wasnt to worried about 10$. I jusst need info on this setup.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
The bassani pipe is 2.5" off of the manifolds (or headers), and after it joins together it fills out to 3". The 3" in/out cat will fit fine. The pieces have flares the enable them to fit together with either clamps or welding.

They say the offroad pipe is two-piece because it comes with a section of 3" pipe in place of where the street version comes with the cat.

I chose a Magnaflow 3" in/out cat and 3" in/out straight-through 14" muffler. Each slid on with no problems; your mileage may vary, but I bet you'll be fine as long as both your muffler and cat are 3" in/out.

make sense?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool, so at the end 2nd piece of the Bassani is it flanged as well so I can put my muffler into it and clamp it?

I plan to run a flowmaster if that helps?

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I edited my above post with more info as it came to me. Your answer may be there...

The cat and muffler have flared ends on each side so that the 3" exhaust pipe will slide into it. My Bassani pipe came with some extra pipe; it was enough for me to complete my exhaust and have just enough left to make the world's ugliest turn down :toothless

You don't directly connect the cat and the muffler; there has to be some pipe between them. As long as your cat and muffler are 3", you are fine.

·
Banned
5,463 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, hopefully I wont run into any issues, thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One more thing, does it matter on the Broncos if I Get a straight through and through muffler, or do the inlet/outlets need to be offset?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, hope all goes well. Thanks Hopper / Dean

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, thats what I did, I got my muffler last night, ordered it 3" in/out straight through and im gonna order my Y pipe and cat tonight... i sure hope it all fits togehter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts