Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know, I believe that a Bassani "X" pipe for a 93-95 Lightning will (With little modification) fit an 80-96 Bronco. For those who want to run true duals this may be the way to go (we will see)

It arrived today.

I will post any mods needed in this thread. If it works, and there is interest, I will make a thread with all info and mods necessary in the "Tech wright up and install" forum.

I'm probably gonna have 50 pics of this thing before it is done

Questions and or comments are welcome.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks cool. What size are the pipes? I know you just wanted to be different but will it flow any better than a single 3"?
1. Pipe size is 2.5" in to 2.5", the X is 3.5" at it's smallest point.

2. No, It will probably not flow any better than a singe 3". I'm just doing somthing differant, looking for a diferant sound.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Performance peddler.

To much, $230.00 ish.

I couldn't find a used one :cry
$230 is a good price, except I see orange in those pictures, you got regular steel :cry

I like shiny 304 stainless, that was the only reason I got Bassani

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Part # BX58150L2 total price shipped was $243.78
(couldn't remember exact price last night)

$230 is a good price, except I see orange in those pictures, you got regular steel :cry

I like shiny 304 stainless, that was the only reason I got Bassani
I live in Georgia, were good aluminized steel exhaust systems last 20 yrs. I couldn't justify stainless.

i cant believe she let you put a truck part on that rug :shocked
I cant believe she didn't say anything about it being on her two week old rug when she got home and found it lying there :toothless

I can't believe Gack collects barbie dolls...
What.....doesn't everybody?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dumb question: This is supposed to bolt to which, the stock manifolds? ...or shorties?
Both, stock 351w F-150/Bronco manifolds (86 up) and F-150/Bronco 351w shorty headers terminate at the same point.
(unleas machined wrong)

We will se for sure if this is also true of 93-95 Lightnings when I test fit it tonight. But I am almost positive that the factory lightning headers terminate at the same spot that regular truck headers and aftermarket shortys for regular trucks do.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Both, stock 351w F-150/Bronco manifolds (86 up) and F-150/Bronco 351w shorty headers terminate at the same point.
(unleas machined wrong)

We will se for sure if this is also true of 93-95 Lightnings when I test fit it tonight. But I am almost positive that the factory lightning headers terminate at the same spot that regular truck headers and aftermarket shortys for regular trucks do.
I hope the test fit is successful. If so, I'll be ordering the same pipe. <well, it's twin at least> The price is a tad steep but, like you stated, it should last 20 years.
I priced the Y pipe at a local exhaust shop recently @ $150. The STOCK pipe.
*shakes head*
I asked the guy "what is it made of, goldaminium??"
I like the Bassani alot better.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
pics, pics, pics, pics, pics:popc1:

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope the test fit is successful. If so, I'll be ordering the same pipe. <well, it's twin at least> .
I hope it works too, the guys over at NLOC claim it will fit a standart F-150. If it will fit that, it will fit a Bronco.

If your gonna use it with factory manifolds you may need a set of reducers. Search for the title "Ultimate Bassani Thread" (or somthing like that) by Stangmata50l. He used the Bassani "Y" pipe, but the "X" pipe would also have the same problem with the factory manifolds.

The price is a tad steep but, like you stated, it should last 20 years.
It is a bit steep, but Bassani is the only ones that make anything like it.

It gets even steeper once you start adding Cats (like I have to) mufflers and tail pipes (turn downs for me)

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,356 Posts
I hope it works too, the guys over at NLOC claim it will fit a standart F-150. If it will fit that, it will fit a Bronco.

If your gonna use it with factory manifolds you may need a set of reducers. Search for the title "Ultimate Bassani Thread" (or somthing like that) by Stangmata50l. He used the Bassani "Y" pipe, but the "X" pipe would also have the same problem with the factory manifolds.

It is a bit steep, but Bassani is the only ones that make anything like it.

It gets even steeper once you start adding Cats (like I have to) mufflers and tail pipes (turn downs for me)

Yall have emissions in Douglasville?

1 - 20 of 112 Posts