Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
351W 5.8L Bassani header (prior to installation)

Same header installed & connected to Bassani 351W Y-pipe on left side (bottom view)

Right view of Bassani Y-pipe behind radius arm - see how close it tucks to engine/tranny away from suspension?

Bassani Y-pipe wraps itself beautifully around engine oil pan and allows clean visual access to E40D/rear main. Tucks in nicely between frame rails too.

Closer view of Bassani Y-pipe and Catco 3" in/out high-flow cat protected by transfer-case skidplate.

Hooker Aerochamber from Summit Racing! Fits great with no issues. 3" center inlet, 3" center outlet. See exhaust welds.

Maremont 3" tailpipe (Part # M30001 Vortex) fits great! See axle bends - this is my stock un-lifted rear axle at droop. This is close to showing how much flex a normal 4" suspension lift would have at rest. See shop-welded exhaust hangers. (Driveshaft removed to replace worn U-joints)

Maremont tailpipe exits about 3.5-4" below the rear quarter panel with no bending - my shop was able to weld hangers closely to the frame for an excellent fit & a non-obtrusive departure angle.

Rear bumper view of exhaust/Maremont. Go GATORS! ;)

Full view on my friend's lift. Close to predicting how 4" lift on 31" tires would look. =)

That's all for now... Can't wait to get it back and drive around later this week with new Heckethorn 8000 shocks, brakes, bearings, ball joints, tie rods, pivot bushing, and almost-new tires! :chili:

·
Registered
981 Posts
How close to the tranny lines is the catalytic converter? Did you insulate the lines in any way?
Headers and Y-pipe look great.
I highly recommend you insulate your tranny lines( I have a similar set up). I didn't do it at first and noticed pretty high temps on the tranny gauge. After I insulated the lines it does not get as hot as before.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I highly recommend you insulate your tranny lines( I have a similar set up). I didn't do it at first and noticed pretty high temps on the tranny gauge. After I insulated the lines it does not get as hot as before.
Mmm. Good idea. What do you suggest insulating them with?

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,198 Posts
I would like to know this as well because I have a similar problem that was created from something I have done :brownbag

KC

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:stupid

Sousa362 said: "That looks awesome!!

Any vid clips on how it sounds?"

thats the exact combo i want to run
Uhh.. Guys, I'm deaf. Sign-language and all. I really have no idea. I judge sound by bass vibrations. It doesn't whistle tho. That would drive my hearing-aid crazy.

Maybe someone else would know how to record the sound?

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,764 Posts
Uhh.. Guys, I'm deaf. Sign-language and all. I really have no idea. I judge sound by bass vibrations. It doesn't whistle tho. That would drive my hearing-aid crazy.

Maybe someone else would know how to record the sound?
oh bummer man, just bust out the video camera and put it a couple feet from the exit of the tail pipe. Start the truck up and do a couple of revs at different rpms. let it idle a couple of seconds, then hold it at 2k for a little, let it drop down, then rev it up to 4k or so. upload the footage to youtube and post it in here. We'll let you know if it sounds good or not :thumbup

·
Registered
981 Posts

This is the stuff I used:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DEI-050502&N=700+400384+4294853962+115&autoview=sku

I got it with a Christmas gift card so I got the biggest piece so I could use it in different places. They also have a smaller size:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DEI-050501&N=700+400384+4294853962+115&autoview=sku

It can handle 1750*. It has insulation sandwiched between a aluminum sheet and a sticky layer. I have had it on for three months with no problems. Had a major oil leak all over it for a couple of weeks and it did not come unglued. It is not cheap, but it is good stuff.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay... Should I wrap it onto the exhaust itself, or over the transmission lines? I'm trying to picture where the wrap should go. I can't imagine trying to wrap a catalytic converter...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Okay... Should I wrap it onto the exhaust itself, or over the transmission lines? I'm trying to picture where the wrap should go. I can't imagine trying to wrap a catalytic converter...
Wrap the tranny lines where they come close to the exhaust, not the exhaust itself...

Where'd you get the headers? Thinking I might pick up a set myself, looks very nice...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts