Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Practicing Infidel
15,114 Posts
I just installed the stainless bassani y-pipe with cat on my 95 bronco 351. And i was wondering if that cat is actually legal?:shrug When i first saw it, I was like "This is a catalytic converter!?" When i looked inside it i seen the honeycomb structure but from the outside it just looks like a resonator. I think i'm gonna have a hard time convincing the inspection mechanic that it's a cat nd not a resonator. We don't have smog testing here YET. Just visual inspection.

I can't complain tho my Bronco runs like a raped ape now :thumbup nd sounds AMAZING with the bassani y, highflow cat, nd my Hooker Aero Chamber muffler.:rockon
Ah yer worrying about sh!t that may never happen Shane

Get out there and enjoy that new found power !!!!!!!!!!!!!! After a week or two, drive sensibly for a tank or two and let us know what kind of mileage increase you get.

I got a solid 3 mpg city and hwy, that never went away, after I stuck on the new Y-pipe we fabbed up;

Have you done the ignition upgrade yet ?

Sixlitre

p.s./
Take pics of the honeycomb shot so you can show the eco-dicks if they ever ask, but like B4L says Bassani has the CARB letter and all.

· Practicing Infidel
15,114 Posts
I never got any papers with my pipe just a bag of clamps, piece of tube, copper anti-seize, and some sweet stickers.

Sixlitre I did so the ignition upgrade about a month ago and it did make a big difference. I think that i can advance the timing a little more tho cause i never get any spark knock nd i only advanced it to 12*. I was reading and some guys did theres too 13.5*.
That was my sweet spot alright Shane

Unless you have ungreared 33s you should-oughta be able to advance to 13.5 and collect gas savings:thumbup

Let us know if the Bassani nets any too.

These kind of mods (that also save gas) are paying for themselves in no time these days, with gas prices being where they iz.

Sixlitre

· Practicing Infidel
15,114 Posts
Ya that's for sure Sixlitre. I never actually had enough money to fill my tank completely up since i got the bronco about 2 months ago :cry Gas just started recently coming down around here, about $0.30 in the past 2 weeks. About time!!!! :thumbup :chili::thumbup :chili::thumbup :chili::thumbup
I'm gonna advance the timing a little bit this week some time. Then try to scrounge up enough to fill it up so i can get a accurate mpg figure.
Try for a second mortgage:toothless

I'm tellin' ya it's no joke these days. Still I think you mileage will be a whole lot better with these two mods.

Best of luck

Sixlitre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.