Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.8l E40D(soon to be ZF) 4:56 and 35s
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into either making or buying a y-pipe for my 5.0. Does anybody have pictures of a installed Bassani y-pipe? I can't seam to find any. I would like to know from a picture of exactly where it sits after installed.

Thanx

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
I was looking into either making or buying a y-pipe for my 5.0.

Thanx
s1120 has done the custom Y-pipe and so have I and WD-40 (who taught me).

The "key" to it is the $40.00 Flowmaster Y that accepts two head pipes and comes out at whatever diameter you need (I wanted 3");

Summit claims up to 40 ft/lbs improvement on a test 396 and I can attest it turned mine into a real tiger out of the hole. Massive improvement in mileage too.

Y'all kin read up on the install here;

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/4970/17318

Streetgang also pioneered the twin piped (all the way to the twin intake of the cat) Catco Y-pipe which works VERY well on 5.0 litres.

It can also be had, with a new cat, for around $200.00, which is a consideration IMO. It's also a bolt-on and takes you right from the manifolds to the muffler.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.8l E40D(soon to be ZF) 4:56 and 35s
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the pictures and the replies. I think I am going to attempt to make my own. I have been collecting for my sas so there is alittle bit of a cash shortage. But I don't like that my stock cat hangs 6" below the frame so it has to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.