Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question, I know but here goes.

The battery on my 91 XLT just died and I purchased another one. I can't remember which side is positive and which side is negative as both of the cables are black and there are no markings on either.

So my question is this, if you are standing in front of your bronco looking into the engine compartment which cable is positive and which is negative?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gtndrty said:
Positive post should be on the left side closest to the passenger side fender looking at the engine. The positive cable is going to go to the starter solenoid mounted on the passenger fender.
Thanks guys, I appreciate everyones help. The above is what I've got and I'm up and running now. :rockon :beer

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I'd get that + cable swapped to red - you could get a face full of sulfuric acid if you ever put jumper cables on wrong. I've bought GOOD ones at NAPA for under $10.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
thats a good idea, especailly if you dont know enough that the + goes to the relay and the negative goes to the engine block.

Also the posts are different sizes, so the cable ends are different, ever so slightly anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts