Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin just bought a bronco. His voltage guage does not work. But we know that it has voltage because his truck always starts (batt not going dead). We put a voltmeter on it it gets 12 volts not running, goes up to 13-14 when started. He cleaned batt connections, reseated his alternator connector, checked all the fuses, but still no gauges. We have tried to search the forums but found no help. Where is the sensor that measures the voltage for the in-dash guage. We are thinking that must be the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: He has a 89 with 302 EFI AOD.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks alot Steve. We will check the voltage at the back of the gauge and go from there. He also has a few bulbs that need need replaced while checking the gauge. I appreciate your help, Mogley.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I checked it and there was no voltage at the gauge. After putting it back together, the rpm, temp and gas gauge stopped working. Even the headlights wouldn't turn on after that. I got the headlights working as soon as I turned on the brights, then they started working again. I double checked the gauges to make sure they where seated good. Man I hope I didn't f**** somthing up.
Checked all my fuses to make sure none poped, all checked good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts