Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery Review, Walmart Everstart Maxx 65N; 850 CCA, 1000 CA
yo gang, I purchased this battery at WAL MART® (battery is not listed in their web site)

It is mfg. by Johnson Controls & produces this EXACT SAME battery (CCA, etc.) for many auto makers and retailers under different product names such as:
Motorcraft® silver BXT-65-850; ~$100.00 to $120.00 Plus $104.95 + tax, etc. at your local friendly Ford dealer
Sears Die Hard Gold 33065 $105. +
Auto Zone (Duralast Gold)
Eveready
Everstart
Interstate Mega-Tron Plus $104.95 + tax, etc.
Toyota (TrueStart)
Mitsubishi (Diamond Car Care)
Mazda
Advance Auto (Autocraft Titanium)
Costco (Kirkland Signature)
Pep Boys (ProStart & Energizer)
btw, Johnson also mfg. Optima brand

WAL MART - excellent price $61.00 w/ 7% sales tax and free installation (SEP 07). The warranty is 3yr free and 108 month pro-rata

CCA: 875 amps @ 0 degree F/ CA = 1090 amps @ 32° F; Reserve capacity: 165 mins

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I am pretty sure thats what is in my bronco right now. I previously had an Interstate MegaTron and the owner of one of the auto parts store told me that walmart battery was the same. That was a few years ago to and I ain't had a lick o' problems with it.

·
Super Moderator
26,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thnx, maybe a new Post on this one FG?
Also, I have retrieved your ""EFI 5.0L to EFI 5.8L swap"" article (via web.archive) that was somehow deleted here in former "FAQ or Reviews " or moved elsewhere

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,821 Posts
on a similar note... few weeks back the alt in my DD civic went TU.

the remote walmart in the sticks (70 miles up north) recharged and checked the battery for me without charge to verify the prob was the alt and not the batt.
they were also cool enough to let me leave my beater in the parking lot overnight. :thumbup

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Mine was about 2 weeks past due, Walmart gave in, and warranted, I am gonna go back with them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts