Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a Baumann TCS? I'm getting ready to move to Colorado soon and was thinking about converting to mass air. The instructions for the tcs weren't very clear, but I also wasn't looking at any parts in front of me, so maybe it'll make more sense when I go to do it.

I figured mass air would help a lot with the move. Granted my truck will breathe easier in CO, Pulling a trailer where I am now will be tough, so as much help as I can would be great.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Just converting to mass air isn't going to net you some amazing gain just because of the change in altitude. Definitely not worth the money you're going to spend in converting.

IIRC, Fireguy has dealt with the Baumann TCS before. It can't be that hard to do, just needs a TPS input, and a VSS input, both of which can be had at the EEC connector, and then wired to the MLPS and solenoid pack on the E4OD.

I'm sure if the harness they give you isn't plug and play, Fireguy could make you one so that the whole installation is plug and play or nearly that.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
+1 about the mass air.
If you want to learn about the TCS, you should log in over on nloc.net. There are some guys running it over there.
If he logs in over here, struckby(edward) is the guy to talk to about it. You can probably catch him between the 2 sites.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,659 Posts
Granted my truck will breathe easier in CO, Pulling a trailer where I am now will be tough, so as much help as I can would be great.
Most cars do not like the thin oxygen here at altitude. Where are you in CA that you would get better in CO.

BTW welcome to CO look forward to seeing that bright yellow rig on some trails.

Edit-
Sorry I forget that there is a lot more to CA than beachs and foothills. But you are only going to drop a couple of thousand feet.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was mostly going to do it b/c I read the MAF better compensates for changes in air pressure... the drive from here to Reno, the altitude changes a lot. I'm at about 7800' right now, and the drive there is anywhere from 5000-10000 I think. Going up and down passes, I hoped MAF might do better, but maybe not. I do notice when I'm in Reno, or Bishop, CA (4000-5000') I get quite a bit more oomph back in the truck, nothing like at sea level though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone installed a Baumann TCS? I'm getting ready to move to Colorado soon and was thinking about converting to mass air. The instructions for the tcs weren't very clear, but I also wasn't looking at any parts in front of me, so maybe it'll make more sense when I go to do it.

I figured mass air would help a lot with the move. Granted my truck will breathe easier in CO, Pulling a trailer where I am now will be tough, so as much help as I can would be great.

I generally just lurk on here because I have an early Bronco (1970), but I am running a 5.8 out of a 94 EB if that gives me any board cred.

Just wanted to let you know, I run a site for AOD's (with emphasis on those running the TCS), and we even have Karl Baumann posting on there sometimes.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AODominators/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts