Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well every time it snows it seems my bronco either blows up or breaks something . I have had the truck sitting in my driveway for the last week because there was a noise , which we thought might be coming from the T-case . Guess what , It wasn't . We were forcasted to 3-6 inches here so I decided to take the truck on the 2 mile to the shop and look at it after work . Well about half way there it started making it's usual noise and then BANG . Needless to say a front wheel drive 44" truck handles great in 6 inches of snow .

Well I decided not to waste my time fixing the 8.8 , I am figuring it's the centering pin and spider gears again .

I geuss I will start getting the parts together to do the axle swaps .
:banghead :cry

Oh and by the way 3-6 overnight turned into 12-20 .

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
damn that's alot of snow:shocked . sucks about the rearend but the is expected of the 8.8

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10.25 will be ready ASAP . Just need the gears and figure out what to do with the brakes . Go for the disk swap or just leave it be and get all new drum setup . I am changing the rayio so I will have to get the D 60 together as well at the same time .

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
BigBad94Bronco said:
10.25 will be ready ASAP . Just need the gears and figure out what to do with the brakes . Go for the disk swap or just leave it be and get all new drum setup . I am changing the rayio so I will have to get the D 60 together as well at the same time .
It bolt right in like ike it is you can allways uppgrade it to disk brakes later:thumbup

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about going that way Oscar , but I am missing 1 drum and the pads are nearly gone . The setup that Traveler has is real sweet on the 10.25 .

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Did you say 8.8 rear with 44" tires? And it lasted how long? Anything over a few miles would be great! So you're going with the sterling 10.25 huh? Big upgrade. New rims will be required also. Don't forget about the front axles, what do you have there? I wish I had that much snow.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya know I didn't realize that I would need new rims .
:stupid
I have a D60 to swap into the front and the 10.25 for the rear .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts