Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys here's the story. This isn't my first Bronco and won't be my last but it is here to stay.
I bought it two years ago (wow already?) from a offroad magazine editor who used it to drive him and all his gear to different offroad events, races, blah blah blah. It had 203,000 miles but his father was a Ford Master Tech and it shows. The trans was replaced at 180,000 along with the rearend ( unrelated issues ). I got it for 2,800 dollars all stock with Rough Country coils and Rancho 9000 shocks and a set of 32x11.5 BFG A/T's and Warn hubs. It smogged fantastic and the engine purred so it was a done deal.
In the first two years of ownership I just drove it doing whatever was required to keep it running top. I did a tuneup and brakes and didn't leave a fluid untouched and wheeled it around the local trails and had fun.

Oh and the bumper and lights no longer exist due to a wheeling incident. Little bro + Tow Strap = Bye Bye.

Current state.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was able to pick up a Four inch Rancho Lift Kit with extended Radius arms from TCM GLX (thanks tony) a member on here, and at the Curt Le Duc swapmeet I got some ProComp Resi shocks that I am getting revalved to match my Truck. I got all four for the front Brand New in the box for 100 Bucks! The Rear lift is just Add-A-Leafs and cheap shocks until I can afford some 5150's and better springs (like Deavers).

I needed tires since my 32's were bald out back so I am taking the opportunity to upgrade to 35's since I'm putting on this lift. I found some 35 inch BFG mud terrains on Race Dezert with rims for 500 Bucks and the tires still have 90% tread so I'm more than happy. I will be helping another member lift his truck this wekend so the weekend after I will install my above mentioned goodies.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I installed the front portion of my Rancho lift and The ride is FANTASTIC!
I bought the truck with worn out Rough Country leveling coils and they rubbed the top 2 coils so I swapped them for a set of coils from a E350 van that were the same length. These however were thicker and didn't squat as much which lifted it more and threw off the alignment. They also didn't seat in the buckets right and creaked and popped.
The Rancho coils along with the extended Radius arms make the truck ride Fantastic. The Resi Shocks I got a deal on (100 for 4 new in the box) weren't for my truck but ride great and are working very well. Thurs. I will install my Add-A-Leafs and 35's :thumbup

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Well I installed the front portion of my Rancho lift and The ride is FANTASTIC!
I bought the truck with worn out Rough Country leveling coils and they rubbed the top 2 coils so I swapped them for a set of coils from a E350 van that were the same length. These however were thicker and didn't squat as much which lifted it more and threw off the alignment. They also didn't seat in the buckets right and creaked and popped.
The Rancho coils along with the extended Radius arms make the truck ride Fantastic. The Resi Shocks I got a deal on (100 for 4 new in the box) weren't for my truck but ride great and are working very well. Thurs. I will install my Add-A-Leafs and 35's :thumbup
Pics? What are you going to do to the rear?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pics? What are you going to do to the rear?
Pics Kyle... dont hold back on us!
Back! Back! You Animals! :histerica Tony.......Uh.......er ......wait thats both of you. Tony from Rancho :doh0715: For the rear I'm doing Add-A-Leafs and once I can afford them Bilstein 5150's for now it will be the AAL and some cheap gas shocks. Since you asked I went and snapped some pics of the front finished.

Attachments

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Looking good!!

As soon as I can relocate my rear upper shock mounts, I am mounting Fox 12" reservoirs. You can have my worn out BDS non gas shocks if you want...

We may make a run up Balky Horse on Sunday off of 38on the east end of Big Bear.....

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking good!!

As soon as I can relocate my rear upper shock mounts, I am mounting Fox 12" reservoirs. You can have my worn out BDS non gas shocks if you want...

We may make a run up Balky Horse on Sunday off of 38on the east end of Big Bear.....
From what I hear Joel over at Bilstein is a Big supporter of the Bronco guys and can work you a good deal on shocks (I think I heard someone say something like 125 for a 7100 series shock) for your truck and can get them valved to work pretty damn good right out of the box.

As far as wheeling I won't be going until next weekend seing as how this one is booked (truck sat. and family/ monthly rugby game sun) When is the next Adopt A Trail cleanup?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Well did the rear and put the tires on so heres the finished product.
your bronco is clean and real nice.....do you have alot of wheeling pics?.......:popc1:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good. The add leafs look like they were the perfect hight.
Yeah they were Thanks alot Jim :thumbup

looks really clean, i like the white bumper and everything.
Yeah alot of people do like the white for contrast but I'm putting on a custom prerunner bumper so off it comes.

your bronco is clean and real nice.....do you have alot of wheeling pics?.......:popc1:
Do I smell FOTM Just kidding mines not ready I've seen some nice rigs in FOTM lately :smilie_slap

Yeah I have some from lytle creek, Cleghorn and Big Bear. Going to Cleghorn with a coworker next saturday so I'm going to snag some of how the truck performs now. :popc1:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts