Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Kyle, not sure if this is where you wanna go with the rear end, but I have a 9 inch with 410s, 31 spline and a detroit locker. If you are interested, let me know.
I will think about it Marc (sp?). This is my daily driver so I need the VSS and the Cal-Pre Fun relocation kit is something like 300 Bucks! I have a line on a 3.93 and up open carrier with brand spanking new Bearings and a Powertrax Locker all setup with a Rockcrusher 8.8 cover for 360 but I need to see what Fridays paycheck is like. If I can score that then I'm gonna gear it.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I will think about it Marc (sp?). This is my daily driver so I need the VSS and the Cal-Pre Fun relocation kit is something like 300 Bucks! I have a line on a 3.93 and up open carrier with brand spanking new Bearings and a Powertrax Locker all setup with a Rockcrusher 8.8 cover for 360 but I need to see what Fridays paycheck is like. If I can score that then I'm gonna gear it.
Keep in mind the 8.8 doesn't have a carrier split so don't pay any extra money for a 3.92 and up carrier. They are all the same.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Keep in mind the 8.8 doesn't have a carrier split so don't pay any extra money for a 3.92 and up carrier. They are all the same.
Really? I thought they did? Even for my L/S? So does anyone make a drop in locker for my limited slip carrier?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Really? I thought they did? Even for my L/S? So does anyone make a drop in locker for my limited slip carrier?
I think there are some made....I didn't even realize until AFTER I got a open carrier....Then I started looking for a drop in and noticed people distinguishing between open or lsd carrier.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Well After seeing a few people's installs on HID's I decided I NEED some so I ordered the 6000k Slim Ballast HID kit From DDM Tuning. I got the High and Low beams and upgraded from 35watts to 55w. Don't have any before pics but I think everyone knows they blow stock.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sup man, first time looking at you build looks good. What did you pay for the HID kit gota get that for mine. Hit me up next time you go on a run got some people that would go at the drop of a hat, would be me two other Broncos and a jeeper!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
hey randy we go out all the time keep checking west coast section for the next run............:beer

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
We definitely need to go on a run.

I went with my Cousins Boyfriend (she is a girl and no pics you horndogs lol) up San Sevaine Road off Lytle Creek and got stuck in the damn clouds on the way down, I had to have my little brother and Cousins Boyfriend take turns running ahead of the truck with their shirts off so I could see where to go cause the damn HIDs were just bouncin off the fog and I couldnt see a damn. And now for some reason I really want to wheel LOL.

·
Cleaning the trails
930 Posts
Went up cleghorn today first thing looking for some birds to kill:haha and they went and shut down all the fun stuff:cry you cant get past the rocks and shit in the way to get up all the good hard way around....what the [email protected]$k!
This happened awhile ago...Closed all the side trials on the west side of the mountain due to watershed.

We definitely need to go on a run.

I went with my Cousins Boyfriend (she is a girl and no pics you horndogs lol) up San Sevaine Road off Lytle Creek and got stuck in the damn clouds on the way down, I had to have my little brother and Cousins Boyfriend take turns running ahead of the truck with their shirts off so I could see where to go cause the damn HIDs were just bouncin off the fog and I couldnt see a damn. And now for some reason I really want to wheel LOL.
Glad to hear it is open. Wondering where you have been. You are supposed to turn off the lights in the fog. It just put a wall of light in front.

You working weekends? We can get a run going. Not the most technical, but Pilot Rock is a good run. Gets to Arrowhead and we can see if Dishpan is open.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I run the 55w 5k in mine. The 6k just seems a little to blue for around here. I'll make it up there to go play again soon. When do they close the trails in big bear? I want to do some snow wheeling.

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
I run the 55w 5k in mine. The 6k just seems a little to blue for around here. I'll make it up there to go play again soon. When do they close the trails in big bear? I want to do some snow wheeling.
55W bulbs wash out the color, so a 8000k 55W bulb is the equivalant of a 35W 6000K bulb....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I know. They are localish to me. I go in there store about 1-2 times a month for the last 3 years. You gotta watch their new crap though. If they have a black wire on the bulb they will be 2k less than what you want.
I've also noticed the thick balasts are brighter and whiter. I run them on my headlights, 4 of the 5 9" light on my roof, aux reverse lights to lol.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts