Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Bronco 5.8 eddie bauer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a replacement for BBA remanufacturing now that they are closed permanently in Massachusetts to rebuild and ABS module thanks happy new year to everybody

·
Super Moderator
26,705 Posts
yo 8,
I heard about their closure in MA. Did you confirm it with a phone call?

Search for reman units in eBay

·
Registered
1994 Bronco 5.8 eddie bauer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yo 8,
I heard about their closure in MA. Did you confirm it with a phone call?

Search for reman units in eBay
yes ive tried numerous times to call Mass office and Ca office Mass disconected and Ca nerver answer phone need alternative if anyone has thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
I couldn't find anyone either. Took a chance and ordered a used one from car parts (if I remember correctly). Installed it and it worked!. No more ABS light.
The used ones run about $200.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I sent my 95 Cobra instrument cluster to them (BBA) when the speedometer stopped working. They were running a special (I think like 49 or 59 dollars, any repairs, guaranteed with return shipping). They kept the unit a few days and returned it unrepaired, said it couldn't be fixed.

I did another google search and found another vendor who was much more expensive that was not the first suggestion. After a phone talk he informed me that BBA could probably repair unit but it wasn't cost effective for them to do so at the price point they offered. He said he had never had one he couldn't repair. He was true to his word and repaired my cluster at the price range he quoted. I wish I could remember his company name, but feel if you just search for ABS module repair other options will pop up as I know he did other electronics repairs too. I will see if I can find his company name too.

hth
tim

·
Registered
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,292 Posts
ABS ECU or HCU? The ECU's are still obtainable, the hydraulic control units with correct plugs... not so much.

4WABS HCU and knock sensors are about the only things I have had trouble tracking down for a '93 Bronco.

The other alternative is here Explorer 4WABS hydraulic control unit swap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts