Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Ive got some BBK shorties I was going to use but I would have to modify my down pipes and Im too lazy to do it so here they are.

120.00$

let me know Ill ship them as well. Oh yeah they are out of a mustang but I did put them on my bronco but had to take them off after noticing the down pipes from a mustang are slanted, my broncos are straight up and down. the collectors would not bolt up.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have almost those same headers off my 93' 5.0 Mustang and i wanted to put them on my 96' Bronco w/ a 302 but my current exhaust manifold has the 02 tapped into the exhaust. If i leave it out will it create a problem?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
he has a 96 i think it has more than one o2 sensor

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
he has a 96 i think it has more than one o2 sensor
Should have 3. One on each bank and one after the cat.

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aikidoka said:
thats right they changed them up a bit. I guess if you feel like welding in some O2 threads they would work.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
hey haggard if you want to sell those headers let me know

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Aikidoka said:

the one after the cat is a cat monitor sensor not an O2 sensor

·
1,739 Posts
Dustin said:
the one after the cat is a cat monitor sensor not an O2 sensor
Which makes it not the heated O2 sensor Chiltons says it is? :shrug

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
chiltons sucks........
the only O2s that a vehicle as is in front of the cats. These monitor the exhuast to tell the processor whats going on. If the engine is running to rich or lean and allows it to make the proper adjustment. the cat monitor sensor is basically used to compare readings with the 02s. this is to monitor the converters efficiency.

·
1,739 Posts
Dustin said:
chiltons sucks........
the only O2s that a vehicle as is in front of the cats. These monitor the exhuast to tell the processor whats going on. If the engine is running to rich or lean and allows it to make the proper adjustment. the cat monitor sensor is basically used to compare readings with the 02s. this is to monitor the converters efficiency.
But what I'm saying is it is still a heated O2 sensor. It's purpose is just different from the ones before the cats. It's job is to monitor the cats performance, not the fuel ratio of a cylinder bank. Go to the Advance Auto shop online site and it still says Bosch O2 sensor, after cat. Unless you are giving the specific OBD-II terminology isn't saying "no it's a cat monitor sensor" doing the same thing as saying "The ones before the cats are not O2 sensors, they are air/fuel monitors"?

Bosch Oxygen Sensor
Universal Type; 4 Wire; Heated; Downstream Sensor (After Catalytic Converter); Check/Replace Interval 100 K Miles

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Your In-box is full......

But.....

If they're still for sale and no one else has a legit claim, I'll buy em.

PM Me.

Jeff

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Aikidoka said:
But what I'm saying is it is still a heated O2 sensor. It's purpose is just different from the ones before the cats. It's job is to monitor the cats performance, not the fuel ratio of a cylinder bank. Go to the Advance Auto shop online site and it still says Bosch O2 sensor, after cat. Unless you are giving the specific OBD-II terminology isn't saying "no it's a cat monitor sensor" doing the same thing as saying "The ones before the cats are not O2 sensors, they are air/fuel monitors"?

whatever. beleive whatever you want....Im just telling you what I know from working on this shit every single day. ford calls it an cat monitor sensor and not an O2. If I walk into parts and as for a rear o2 sensor there isnt one available its a cat monitor. I dont care what advanced auto and chilton talk about. I care about what FOMOC defines the part as

·
1,739 Posts
Dustin said:
whatever. beleive whatever you want....Im just telling you what I know from working on this shit every single day. ford calls it an cat monitor sensor and not an O2. If I walk into parts and as for a rear o2 sensor there isnt one available its a cat monitor. I dont care what advanced auto and chilton talk about. I care about what FOMOC defines the part as
Man, I'm having flash backs of "my ICM is having trouble" posts where the responses are "well first you're calling it the wrong thing." I'll takes this as good info to know if I ever finally score a 96 and have to replace that part at the dealer. Being that a lot of other places, e.g. auto parts stores, bassani, just call it an O2 I'll be fine with calling it either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts