Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1980; 347 stroker; Holley Sniper EFI
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stove element on our propane bbq works, but flames start coming out of the wrong part (see pictures). I'm guessing this can be fixed, but not sure what I need. Some sort of regulator or valve? Or just replace the whole element?

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,594 Posts
Replace the burner, it should come with the tube all the way to the joint that’s treaded

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,925 Posts
Where is the flame coming from? Out of that air baffle on the side? If that's the case, I'd wonder the burner itself is blocked, or if the regulator is goofy. Is it lpg or natural gas? Natural gas is prone to attract spiders building nests, so the burners & orofices need to be blown out periodically.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,965 Posts
Where is the flame coming from? Out of that air baffle on the side? If that's the case, I'd wonder the burner itself is blocked, or if the regulator is goofy. Is it lpg or natural gas? Natural gas is prone to attract spiders building nests, so the burners & orofices need to be blown out periodically.
This..remove the connector..and run a piece of wire or something up through that tube..Spiders like to make their homes in there and the cobwebs can sometimes cause that to happen..I periodically have to clean my weber.

Reactions: White Dragon

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 301K miles
870 Posts
Yes what @El Kabong and @jermil01 said check the line for obstructions and you might also need to adjust the air collar to get the flame to a nice shade of blue not yellow.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
My curbside special grill has a similar problem. The flames were coming through the hole where the burner tube went into the fire chamber thingy and heating up the knobs. Doesn't always do it. That said, burners are stupid simple, just a tube with holes in it. I haven't seen one like that before though. Usually theres a nipple straight off the valve that sticks into the end of the burner tube. Also you seem to be missing the fine screens over the breather holes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts